Long time listener - First time caller - THC/Trichome - Explain percentage please

McCdive

I have two different strains growing side by side, both with known (+/-) THC contents. One fairly high at 23-24% and the other at 8%. What is it that gives a plant higher or lower THC? What I mean is, while the higher THC strain is loaded with trics, the far lower one is definitely not too far off in trics, it's self. So, ......What determines THC content. Genetics only make so much THC in each tricom?

The only stupid question is the one left un-asked.

Help a guy out??
:straightface: Andy :Namaste:

There are no stupid questions McCdive but often stupid answers. :)

It's genetics for the most part. Cannabis produces it's resin glands as a defense against it's enemies. Bugs get trapped in it and it makes the plant taste nasty to things that like to eat plants. Eating fresh green pot leaves covered in glands is an acquired taste. I kinda like it but I wouldn't make it part of my regular diet. :)

The big push for years has been higher and higher levels of THC. The huge demand for dabs and things like shatter keep peeps looking for the ultimate rush. One drop pf my BHO in a hot spoon will sit you on your ass and I've been making it for decades.

Now the push is on for CBD and all it's medicinal qualities. Somewhere in the middle is the answer. I hope to be growing some high CBD strains soon to see how they affect my arthritis and other problems.

At 60+ I might be set in my ways about some things but not many. I don't want to do acid anymore but I'm dying to do some decent 'shrooms again. And I'd strap on a parachute and jump out of a plane again anytime someone pays for the ride!

It's the quality of the buzz that defines good pot for me. Something that just stupefies me is of little interest. I'm stupid enough at times and my doctor has pills for free that can do that. I want something that lifts my spirit and enhances my life without turning me into a "stoner". Sometimes I want to be that stoner but not often.

When you take a hit of new pot just sit back and "feel" what it does for you. Sometimes the mellowest of buzzes are the most profound.

:peace:

Thankyou, OMU, for that lovely explanation. I'm a long-time follower of yours, as well. As to the CBD content, I haven't found any high content ones other than 8 & 9% and that's 1:1 with THC. I was planning on making all butter with the Supreme CBD Durban I have going, but there's just so much of it, I don't know what to do with it all. I hope it's a nice smoke. But I was asking about the Trics because they are loaded!
I've seen posts of people saying they have found Charlotte's Web - like genetics, but those fizzle out too. 67.7%CBD???!

Back
Top Bottom