Looking forward to setting this up, after my current grow

gr865

This is the current setup, 6 plant, Active Aqua Grow Flow (Ebb and Flow).
20221210_091729.jpg

Just purchased another 6 pot expansion kit and after this grow is finished will be setting this up in the 5 X 5.
At present the control pot sits inside the tent but going to move it outside of the tent, see drawing below. Have to add extra nutrient solution, at present adding 30 gallons for the six plants and will increase that to 39 to 42 gallons. Also looking into adding another reservoir as a refill rez to keep the primary rez filled, just that to figure out how to set it up. So all you smart guys out there, HELP! :rofl:
I will also have to split a port using a 1/4 inch Tee on the Orbit 8 port manifold. Don't think that will be a problem as long as I keep the hoses the same length, the pump I am using should handle the extra pot with no problems.
Here is the proposed setup! Adding three 5 gallon buckets and will need extra 3/4 inch hose but not problem as it comes with the kit. Only thing that is still needed is two 3/4 inch tees but next time I go to the city will pick them up at Lowes.
20230212_083427.jpg

What do you folks think?

Looks like a pretty sweet setup. The only issue that jumps out at me is accessing the middle plant for training/observing/etc. especially one they’re really grown out. You’ll probably want some extra airflow as well with the added plant mass but I really like the setup. It’s pleasing looking

Looks like a pretty sweet setup. The only issue that jumps out at me is accessing the middle plant for training/observing/etc. especially one they’re really grown out. You’ll probably want some extra airflow as well with the added plant mass but I really like the setup. It’s pleasing looking
Thanks man for the comment, you make a very good point, hopefully I have that covered.
I have a Gorilla Grow Tent 5x5 with two sides that open, and I can get too them from either side. I can also remove them from the tent as needed. This was when I did the 21st day defo.
20230210_185518.jpg

The orange container I put them is 23 gallon and the pot fits perfect in it.
The problem I see is I am not getting any younger, at age 75 it is not as easy to lift them out of the grow buckets as it use to be, but I can still do it. I am going to use less Hydroton in the pots, will post the pics on how I plan on using less Hydroton when I get it together.
As far as adding extra air movement, yes, do plan on adding two more small oscillating fans to the mix and going to add a Duct fan to pull more air into the tent.

Thanks man for the comment, you make a very good point, hopefully I have that covered.
I have a Gorilla Grow Tent 5x5 with two sides that open, and I can get too them from either side. I can also remove them from the tent as needed. This was when I did the 21st day defo.
20230210_185518.jpg

The orange container I put them is 23 gallon and the pot fits perfect in it.
The problem I see is I am not getting any younger, at age 75 it is not as easy to lift them out of the grow buckets as it use to be, but I can still do it. I am going to use less Hydroton in the pots, will post the pics on how I plan on using less Hydroton when I get it together.
As far as adding extra air movement, yes, do plan on adding two more small oscillating fans to the mix and going to add a Duct fan to pull more air into the tent.

Sounds like you’re already planning ahead which is awesome! Being able to remove them definitely helps out. I’ve been looking over your journals and you’ve got some pretty sweet stuff going on, I can’t wait to see this all setup and filled up!

Back
Top Bottom