Losing leaves again

JKB1989

@Emilya and or anyone else who can help. Been a while since I've reached out. But I seem to have the same problem with the plants in my flower room again. The leaves starting from the bottom of the plant and slowly progressing upward get limp and fall off. I mean if a green leaf is limp I can pull it off the ant with no resistance. The last time this happened you and a few others helped me figure out that my ph was off. I was using tap water that was not good. I have since installed an ro water system in my house so I know its not bad water this time. Right now I'm feeding with 6 grams of mega crop and 3/4 gram of bud explosion per gallon. Its the latest version with no balls. I have no burnt tips on my leaves so I could up the mega crop dosage. Are there any new instructions with the latest version? I haven't flushed my pots as I thought that wasn't necessary when feeding with mega crop.
Just a little bit about my grow area which is about 6'x6'x8'. I have 3 kind XL1000's for lighting. A 6" exhaust with charcoal filter and a passive air intake. A humidifier and remote ac controlled by an inkbird. I have a dehumidifier that runs when lights are off with a timer at 15 minute intervals. The temperature runs between 78 and 84 degrees and the humidity stays right around 50 percent.
I've got a couple of pictures to show some of What I'm talking about.

This picture shows a leaf that is actually yellowing. It will either go totally brown and fall off or just fall off as it is
20200618_050959.jpg

This picture although you can't tell are pictures of light green leaves that had fallen off the plant. Please help....
20200617_172431.jpg

Hello, I am very new still, but I think ur ph can still b an issue even with RO water, it starts at the right ph but it can go up and down depending on a lot of variables, nutrient consumption ext but again I’m not very experienced

You haven't stated what stage there at and from the photos its difficult to come to a remedy for them..I'm gonna hazard a guess at an epsom salt injection(not literally)needed..:yahoo:

Hello, I am very new still, but I think ur ph can still b an issue even with RO water, it starts at the right ph but it can go up and down depending on a lot of variables, nutrient consumption ext but again I’m not very experienced

This is true. RO is pretty much pure water. That means it also loses any buffering properties that may have been available.

A couple things to try:

a) before adding nutes, pH your water up to 10. Wait 15-30 minutes, then pH it back to 6, and then start mixing in the calmag, mc, etc.

b) use 20% tap water. it's just enough to add a little buffering capacity, but not enough to screw your mix (unless your water is ridiculously terrible and contaminated all to shit.)

I've had similar pH battles lately with my smaller 20gal res. I'm seriously considering upping the size of it, simply because larger water volume: more stability. I'm going to do a little testing next week, and if it works out I'll put it up in my Lab journal. If not: crickets. :rofl:

Also, drop the BE. Not needed, and it's already mixed into MC. Save a few bucks for something else. ;)

I too want to see a picture of the top growth and the side growth in real light... I think I am seeing a K lockout going on. It certainly doesn't look like magnesium, and it certainly has to do with a mobile nutrient. There are only 3 of them... its not hard to guess which one is lacking looking at those elongated tip burns that you haven't yet mentioned.
I think, especially using the BE, that you are hitting the MC just a little too hard, and I would back off a half gram/gallon to see if the K problem goes away... im not going to confirm its a lockout until I see K deficiency damage up top too.

I too want to see a picture of the top growth and the side growth in real light... I think I am seeing a K lockout going on. It certainly doesn't look like magnesium, and it certainly has to do with a mobile nutrient. There are only 3 of them... its not hard to guess which one is lacking looking at those elongated tip burns that you haven't yet mentioned.
I think, especially using the BE, that you are hitting the MC just a little too hard, and I would back off a half gram/gallon to see if the K problem goes away... im not going to confirm its a lockout until I see K deficiency damage up top too.
Will have the top picture in real light today.

the pictures confirm it for me... I see K problems top and bottom, telling me that it is locked out, not deficient I also can see that your leaves are a bit too green for an MC grow, again indicating too much MC is being given. I would back the MC down 1/2 gram / gallon and keep everything else the same to see if you can see a stop or a slow down of this progression. You may need to go down even further as I really do not believe that most of our indoor plants are robust enough to be able to support anywhere near 6g/gallon... mine were perfectly happy and growing like gangbusters at 4.75/gallon, and I ended up with grams/watt numbers that blew away everything I had ever done before.

the pictures confirm it for me... I see K problems top and bottom, telling me that it is locked out, not deficient I also can see that your leaves are a bit too green for an MC grow, again indicating too much MC is being given. I would back the MC down 1/2 gram / gallon and keep everything else the same to see if you can see a stop or a slow down of this progression. You may need to go down even further as I really do not believe that most of our indoor plants are robust enough to be able to support anywhere near 6g/gallon... mine were perfectly happy and growing like gangbusters at 4.75/gallon, and I ended up with grams/watt numbers that blew away everything I had ever done before.
Thanks Emilya. Most of them will need a full feeding tomorrow. Yesterday they got a top 3rd feeding. I will definitely cut back on the mega crop and eliminate BE. I'll keep a close watch on them and report back whats going on.

I was thinking that maybe I need to change my f
Ilte
[/QUOTE
I was thinking that my problem may be that my filters need changed on my ro system. Its been at least 90 days since I started using it. May just be that its no longer filtering the water properly. Will stop at the grow store on my way home from work tomorrow. See what they think

I was thinking that maybe I need to change my f
Ilte
[/QUOTE
I was thinking that my problem may be that my filters need changed on my ro system. Its been at least 90 days since I started using it. May just be that its no longer filtering the water properly. Will stop at the grow store on my way home from work tomorrow. See what they think

Not sure what happened with the last download but what im thinking my problem may be my ro system. I may need to changes the filters on my system and may be causing the bad water into my grow again. These plants are looking and acting like the plants I had that when I figured out that my water was my problem.

I don't see that your water system could be causing the problem since water really isnt that important to a MC grow and its pH can be anywhere from 8-5 and the stuff will still work. Tap water or RO, it should still work just fine. I still insist that I see a lockout problem, caused by too much N, Ca and Mg in the mix, a triple whammy that effectively locks out K and that until you lower your MC down to the point that everything is in proper balance, you are going to have this problem.

I don't see that your water system could be causing the problem since water really isnt that important to a MC grow and its pH can be anywhere from 8-5 and the stuff will still work. Tap water or RO, it should still work just fine. I still insist that I see a lockout problem, caused by too much N, Ca and Mg in the mix, a triple whammy that effectively locks out K and that until you lower your MC down to the point that everything is in proper balance, you are going to have this.
I'm seeing the same issue with my girls in veg and these plants are in docs high brix soil. Following directions from a couple of great high brix growers. I know the girls are deep in there dry cycle and need fed. Ive attached photos from top, side, and lower part of plant. Does that change your thoughts on the water?

Attachments

• 20200621_185339.jpg
    20200621_185339.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200621_185334.jpg
    20200621_185334.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200621_185329.jpg
    20200621_185329.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200621_185314.jpg
    20200621_185314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200621_185303.jpg
    20200621_185303.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200621_185259.jpg
    20200621_185259.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200621_185255.jpg
    20200621_185255.jpg
    964.4 KB · Views: 54
I'm seeing the same issue with my girls in veg and these plants are in docs high brix soil. Following directions from a couple of great high brix growers. I know the girls are deep in there dry cycle and need fed. Ive attached photos from top, side, and lower part of plant. Does that change your thoughts on the water?
Not at all. These are two different issues. A high brix organic grow is nothing at all like a MC grow. A MC grow has its own unique set of complications, and it has known indicators of both deficiencies and overages in the way these problems appear in the plant.

Not at all. These are two different issues. A high brix organic grow is nothing at all like a MC grow. A MC grow has its own unique set of complications, and it has known indicators of both deficiencies and overages in the way these problems appear in the plant.
I'm in 100%. I'll do exactly what you said to do.
I started yesterday when I fed all the girls a full feeding @ 5.25g per gallon. I really appreciate the doing all that you do to make this a great site.

Back
Top Bottom