Loss of light?

Hi, I am new and need some advice on some things.I have a 12x10 room,I have all my plants on one side of the room in about a 5x10 area.I have 2 1000w hps on each side and a 400w mh in the middle.Should I block off the other half of the room?What is a good type of reflective wall covering.Do I have enough light for the 5x10 area.I have been at this for awhile and couple days away from first plant harvest.They look good but always room for improvement.Any info would be great.

Yeah if some of the light is spilling in to half of the room that's unused that might pose some problems for the plants, just get a big sheet of panda liner on ebay and pin it to the ceiling and walls to create an artificial wall in the middle, also lining the other walls with it would be good for reflecting some of the light back without creating hotspots. you can secure it with velcro strips for easy removal/expansion.
as for the lighting, ive never dealt with those lights so i wouldnt know. good luck and hope this helps!

It's white on one side and black on the other, the white side will reflect, while the black keeps the light from going through it. its some of the most common reflective material used for grow boxes or grow rooms. aside from flat white paint, its the next best thing. you could go with mylar, but that's harder to work with, and can create hotspots if not put up correctly

no problem man, just smoke one for me when its all done. ;) good luck with the rest of your grow. post some pics up once you get it all done so i can admire your work. lol

Back
Top Bottom