Low/No Humidity

VegaDogg

Hey Guys,

My box is 4' wide, 5' high, 2' deep..

I have a 4' , 6bulb t5 flor. light and a 4" inline fan/with fan control.. Iknow it's too big for the box, I plan on expanding...

I'm growing in a cold basement (45degrees), so I have a heater on the intake side...

I have 3, 4 oz dishes of water in the box that I have to refill every 8 hours....

The temp in the box is around 80 degrees...

My problem is I am reading 00 on my humidity meter.. Is this possible???

I'm waiting on 2- 6" fans that I ordered, I'm planning on hanging them high, pointing down, to push the humidity
down, away from the exhaust fan... Think this will help???

Don't have a lot of room for a humidifier...

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

P.S... Plants are 3 days old and looking healthy..

I have never had 0% humidity, but its often times around 10% humidity for me. When the plants are small they seem to grow slower, however once they get larger and start drinking enough, they create their own humidity and they will speed up.

I have never had 0% humidity, but its often times around 10% humidity for me. When the plants are small they seem to grow slower, however once they get larger and start drinking enough, they create their own humidity and they will speed up.

Thanks.. I've hung some damp towels that i'll spritz every few hours, hopefully, that will create some...

This time of year I always run into low humidity issues but it never seems to affect the plants that badly. In several grows, I've yet to get a reduced yield or anything else go wrong. IMO, low humidity is better to deal with than high humidity which is what happens to me in this summer time. No worries, mate.

found a small cube type vaporizer made by holmes that works real well and is small.have exact measurements as you and it just keeps enough humidity in the cabinet.

You can take a 5 gallon bucket and cut a 4" hole threw it towards the top. Then take a pvc 4" and drill about 20 small holes in it. Slide it threw bucket have about 1"stick out on each side and seal it with silicone. connect your heater to one side and other into tent. Then put water in bucket make sure about 1" bellow 4" tube with holes in it and put lid on. then turn heater on and you will have plenty humidity.

It depends on your humidity up there. If it stays high, that's good for veg, but can cause mold during flower. My humidity is usually around low 20's, and I haven't had any problems.

we can get to 80 90 percent really easy but I'm well insulated and im pulling air from the house to keep it at a pretty steady 72 degrees. I guess I got thought all along that I would have too much humidity but I guess I can buy a combination humidifier and dehumidifier just in case. then I set it at whatever percentage I want either humidifier or dehumidifier, right? I like that part....
Thanks for responding

Back
Top Bottom