Lowest outdoor grow temps

How low can my girls go without damage? It's about to be in the 40s(f) at night in Oklahoma.
Sounds like we are back in the mid 1960s after Chubby Checker released his How Low Can You Go limbo song.;)

But, back to the topic. My outdoor plants easily handled overnight temperatures that went down to 28 F. It took nights in the mid 20s and the following day staying in the low to mid 30s before the leaves and stems started to die.

Some growers bring their plants in if it is going to be in the 30s or colder. If the plants are in the ground some growers will toss a cover over their plants. A lightweight plastic sheeting or even bed sheets will often work to trap enough heat to keep the plants going.

Sounds like we are back in the mid 1960s after Chubby Checker released his How Low Can You Go limbo song.;)

But, back to the topic. My outdoor plants easily handled overnight temperatures that went down to 28 F. It took nights in the mid 20s and the following day staying in the low to mid 30s before the leaves and stems started to die.

Some growers bring their plants in if it is going to be in the 30s or colder. If the plants are in the ground some growers will toss a cover over their plants. A lightweight plastic sheeting or even bed sheets will often work to trap enough heat to keep the plants going.
Wow. I never thought they'd handle that cold. I ain't gonna worry so much now. I still have a few weeks to go.

Back
Top Bottom