LST - Topped

cbgb

hey 420 peeps , i have a number of successes with growing regular buds. i decided to try during a 60 veg period with a strain called highway man x tang ~ lst or low stress training while also topping. 2 plants, 1 topped once the other twice. these are regular seeds.....has anyone else gone down this path ? at sixty days i went to 12/12 , that was on 02/26/16. no sign of sex yet ....... i am afraid i may have stressed these out too much .... i know i need to wait to see signs of sex but i feel i may have put them thru too much stress. anyone have experience with regular seed, lst / topping and how did your grow do ? the plants seem to be "behind" , "slow" thanks for any input
12781969_10208767182207504_1231379788_n.jpg
photo is from about 38 days from germ

Great questions and what a beautiful plant.

I have a couple comments:

1) stressing the plant withLST or topping will stunt growth slightly. But nothing drastic. So I don't believe you're stunted too much.

2) youve only had the plant in flower for a week. It often takes a week or two to get a solid indication. So just wait a couple more days and I bet there's some signs.

3) in my opinion, consider leaving a few more leaves during this stage. Leaves are helpful in getting energy to the plant. No leaves = no food.

Keep up the good work. It's obvious you've put a lot of time into it.

:high-five:

Hi cbgb,

Not sure I'm understanding your question. I can't say that I've specifically combined topping and LST so that if that's the qualifier, then ignore anything else I write.

However, if your question is really more focused on the "my plants seem to be behind/I think I've messed up" then I don't think based on the picture at 38 days they are. It appears to me though that you've done a heavy defoliation on them in addition to/as opposed to "topping". Nothing wrong with that, but it took me a moment to focus on the girth of the stem rather than the lack of leaves.

I anticipate this plant will be fine and that you'll be very pleased with the result. It has a beautiful shape now and all the bud sites should be able to get a good amount light.

Be well and happy growing!

update , thanks for your comments. 1 of the two turned out to be male and i tossed it. (the plant pictured above) the other is a sexy female.

Sorry you had to pitch the one plant cbgb. Better luck next time.

thanks tanr, there is always the possibility for a male when dealing with regular seeds, which i prefer ....... one goes down and another seed goes back in the dirt !! this time northern lights x blockhead ~Location: indoor, outdoor
Type: indica/sativa
Flowering: ~60 days
i think i will let this grow as nature intended.........will keep ya posted !~ peace my friend
updated photo of the female that was topped once and a little lst to open it up. showed sex on 02/05/16 ,veg for 60 days,12/12 on 02/25
pic134.jpg

thanks pigeons. do you have any experience with topping ? it is getting a little crowded even with lst .... i dont want to put her in any more stress during flowering ...... i guess i am asking is there any proper pruning techniques when you top a plant ? or just let those cola's grow??? !!! thanks

Back
Top Bottom