Proper pruning after topping

cbgb

highway man x tang regular seed.....60 day veg, flipped to 12/12 on 02/25/16 confirmed female on 03/05/16 ! topped once and a little lst to open it up but it is getting crowded at the top shoots. is there any specific pruning i should be doing other than spreading them out with lst.../ thanks for any help.....
pic134.jpg
full view of plant

pic326.jpg
side view A

pic234.jpg
side view B

123 views and no one has been down this road ? cmon 420 peeps.... :thanks:getting crowded in the middle / top of both branches..... any help , thanks !!

I would really LST those to branches and bring them over the course of some days the most horizontal way you could.
You can also do some supercropping on the tops of the two branches.

What type of light? If you have enough light power, I wouldn't touch it (but that's me). If you are underpowered, tie her down as flat as possible to minimize the need for penetration. If you are a newbie, leave the leafs. They act as good buffers to help ease any mistakes you may make. Your question kind of parallels a wife asking "should I wear the black or red dress". There is no correct answer to that question and any answer opens you up to... Good luck with whatever you choose to do! She looks good!!

@ spitz...... i think i am going to follow your advice, which is what i was thinking anyway , leave it to mother nature and see what happens. for future reference when topping do you want to always lst the two "main branches" almost on their side ? or ether way is ok?

thanks to all

I usually top just to slow down vertical growth a little. I top right before flower, and flip as soon as the new shoots develop. I also ran a few where I topped every node possible and flipped in 2 months. I lost that plant do to size. It outgrew my setup.

image36069.jpg

I will never veg a plant for 2 months again! Lol. Upload us a pic!

hey spitz, your ladies look great !!! this is also my first time vegging for more than 30-45 days due to all the pruning, lst , etc.... my next project is highway man x tang .....gonna let her grow like normal ... thanks for your input !!!the lady on the right in the above photo looks like she is close to harvest?

hey 420 friends , just wanted to update this grow........highway man x tang regular seed.....60 day veg, flipped to 12/12 on 02/25/16 confirmed female on 03/05/16 ! topped once and a little lst.......except for 1 of 2 being male (that i destroyed as soon as i noticed balls!!) the one lady worked out very , very well for a first time topper / lst .......i have 2 super cola's and two aux shoot mini cola's besides all the rest of the flowers that are low but in no way are they popcorn buds....topping is a good way to go if space is limited. the plant is coming up on it's 60 day flower mark, i am letting this one flower for 75 days.
a beautiful gal !!!!
pic135.jpg

the same plant as above......photo from 03/06/16.......would i top again , yes. as of right now i believe the amount of flower will be a little less than a normal grow but the quality of the flowers are top notch. no popcorn here. the lst and good pruning really helped getting light on those (lower) buds....
pic134.jpg

@Spitz , hey buddy , maybe you can help me out with this : someone gave me a 10 day old regular seed ( blockhead x nlh #5) forgetting i have my "very small tent" i took it and then realized that my 2 plants are in 12/12 mode......so i just placed the new plant in the tent ......the plant is now coming up on being a month old and is about 6'' high. yesterday i noticed she starting to show sex and is a female. the other plants will be ready for harvest on or about may 10th...... ok , what should i do with the new girl , leave it at 12/12 , go 18/6 and revert back to veg ?(can this cause stress and cause it to become a hermie??) or put her outside in the northeast and let nature do her thing '"if i go outside will she automatically go back to veg state? " i think i can get her about 4+/- hours of direct and 6 hrs +/- ambient real sunshine at this time in the season. thanks in advance for all your help !!!!

Every one of those are viable options. If she just started to flower and you want to force her back to veg, a single 23W cfl would work on a 5" plant for a couple more weeks. Flowering is also an option. I vote for sticking her outside and let Mother Nature do her thing. If u reveg inside, I'd go 24/0.

It all depends on your clones, needs, and seeds. All are viable options though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom