LST with DWC

BloodShotEyes

Hello everyone , Starting my second grow with bubbles , The first grow went great, Growing with CFL's, Plants got huge , About 4 foot tall but didn't yeild much , Was a little disapointed , This grow I would like to try LSTing with a 14 Gal. Rubbermaid tub, I was wondering if anyone else has done this or tryed this and how ya'll went about tieing them down.

This place and people are the greatest , Never would have got through the last grow without you guys,,,,,, Deep Water Culture Rock !!!!!.

Thanks Roseman , I got to thinking about how I could tie them down and I think I will try to use stainless steel nuts with wire to hold the branches down .

Thanks Roseman , I got to thinking about how I could tie them down and I think I will try to use stainless steel nuts with wire to hold the branches down .

I lst'ed with my indica grow and used twine and duct tape. It worked very well. I just took a piece of twine around a branch, held it in place where I wanted and duct taped the twine to the lid of the reservior. Very simple and effective. I also experimented with branch manipulation, where you take a branch and squeaze untill you here a snap and then squeaze the same place again in the other direction. This method is VERY scary at first, as you are all but snapping the branch causing it to lay down 90 degrees from its origin. Once again very effective at opening up the canopy and if done right the plant recovers immediately. Here are some pics I have:

This is what I was working with:
Bubble2_003.jpg

Here are some branches after manipulation:
Bubble2_007.jpg

Bubble2_004.jpg

Here is the same branch after harvest:
Bubble2_594.jpg

There are many different ways to go about training your plants just depends how extreme you want to go. I was just looking to open up the canopy with my experimentation. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much Theanswer , Very helpful , Yea , I've broke branches before and they recovered very well , Amazing how tough these plant are.

Thanks again !

Thanks Roseman , Hemp twine ,,,, I like that ! , Just waiting for them to get a little bigger so I can start LSTing them .

Hey everyone, I'm back , Plants finally got big enough to do something with, they are about 8 in tall now and I started to LST them , They are about 3 weeks old and was wondering what you all thought about putting them into the 12 / 12 light cycle , I really don't want a closet full of unmanagable monsters this time . I would post pics but all I have is a camera phone that the pics aren't all that great on , Want to get a decent camera but kinda on a budget right now. Any suggestions on the light cycle would be great . And thanks again for making a guy feel welcome !!!!

i use kite string and slip knots. just make sure you pinch the stem a good half inch or so where your going to bend it over. youll avoid snaping it off that way. if the stem splits on the sides where you pinch it dont worrie it will be just fine, continue to bend it over but make sure you dont over bend it to the point it wants to sag past a 90 degree angle. just take it slow and everything should go ok, it takes a lot to kill these things.

I'm watching this one. :popcorn:
I have a thing for the LST, just amazes me how resilient this plant is. Good luck and have patience. ;)

Thanks Roseman , Yeah I have the space , Just don't want them to get too big this time .

Thanks Trunk5 , Very helpful .

Jasawan , I was looking at your journal , Your doing much better now bro, You had a pretty rough start but they look great now , But the thing that really caught my eye was the bucket with the eyescrews for LSTing , Best thing I've seen all week !!, Love it !!, your a genius !!! , Hope you don't mind if use that idea, Thanks !!!

Hey Bloodshot, that is what I did to my bucket lid; eye bolts, some washers top and bottom so it doesn't pull thru....presto! Still have a couple more I want to put on the lid and then a few around the top outer perimeter of the bucket.
Do it, it's a good idea and sturdy!
IMG_26261.JPG

Jasawan , I was looking at your journal , Your doing much better now bro, You had a pretty rough start but they look great now , But the thing that really caught my eye was the bucket with the eyescrews for LSTing , Best thing I've seen all week !!, Love it !!, your a genius !!! , Hope you don't mind if use that idea, Thanks !!!

Sorry bro , Spelled your name wrong , I did the eye screw thing today , I thought it was a damn good idea , Thanks again bro .

Sorry bro , Spelled your name wrong , I did the eye screw thing today , I thought it was a damn good idea , Thanks again bro .

No problem Bloodshot and thanks for the kind words. It feels good to have helped a fellow Deep Water Culture no matter how small the contribution. :)

BTW, anyone else thinking of doing the same to a lid, do not use the eye hooks that screw directly in to wood, they will pull out of the plastic and are not too sturdy, plus it is hell trying to find a nut with the same threading. Machine/Metal eye bolts and nuts/washer will do the trick nicely.

Back
Top Bottom