Pbird's First Grow - DWC - Bag Seeds - CFLs

pbird

20151104_180717.jpg
20151104_180717.jpg
Hello,im brand new the site and growing. So i have 3 plants in a dwc system. I am running 4 t8 cool white light's on 18/6. I have a 10 gal tub that fills my resevoir with about 8 gal before recirculating 4 times a day. I am using nets with Rockwool cubes and lava rocks. Using ionic grow nutes amd tap water.

20151104_180525.jpg
20151104_080710.jpg
20151104_080654.jpg
The plants have been growing for about 5 weeks and a week ago a plant's leaves were curling. At the time i was changing the water once a week and keeping ph around 5.5. Through some superthrive and 2 tablespoons of Epson salt in along with ionic grow nutes. After i did that i noticed the leaves curling up the roots were starting to get rot. So i changed amd cleaned my tubs refilling with phd tap water and only my nutes. I put a 1/8 cup of h202 in water amd the roots bounced back and the res looks clean.but no change in the leaves. I got my hands on ppm meter yesterday and realized i was only at 500. So i increased it to 800 and maintained my ph. Its been 1 day since the ppm change and about 3 since changing put the water and adding h202. Am i going in the right direction? And how long should i expect it to take to see the leaves come back to normal?

re: Pbird's First Grow - DWC - Bag Seeds - Fluorescent Lights & Curled In Leaves?

Thanks for the input. The roots like i said were starting to rot bc i didnt know about cold water temps amd used warm water when changing out. So i quit doing that and maintain 69degrees. The roots have bounced back to white and creamy with the help of peroxide. And i have pretty big airstone.

re: Pbird's First Grow - DWC - Bag Seeds - Fluorescent Lights & Curled In Leaves?

Aim for a PH of 5.8 in hydro. You should check ppm of your base H2o before adding anything, then subtract that number from the final ppm reading to get an idea of nutrient ppm. I would think that in three days you would see an improvement. Also think about cleaning and refilling the reservoir every 7 days.

BTW, don't trim leaves from one when they are sickly like the middle one. It will stress them too much. Does that fan sit there all the time? If so she may be reacting to the wind. My Q1 always looks ragged when the fan has been on her too much. Otherwise I'd be looking at her roots again, and checking my reservoir temperature and ph.

Back
Top Bottom