Ak48 - DWC - CFL

You should have trained that middle growth to the sides so it opened up in the middle. Now all you have is a support screen. Your tops should still be under the net before you switch to flowering for a true SCROG. Looks awesome though and you will be able to still do some training and keep them under control with that second screen.

I gotcha. Yea I wasn't exactly sure how that was supposed to go. I can still get them under the screen. Some branches won't reach to the next square tho so it won't be perfectly even. Aslong as it buds, I can deal with a slightly lumpy canopy. Ill probly add the Second screen anyway just for support and it might help even things out a bit after the stretch.

When place your ScrOG screen you should place it 12" above your pots to allow your to defoliate below the ScrOG screen and for good airflow. To create a ScrOG screen you must vegetate the plant(s) by weaving the branches through the ScrOG screen until the ScrOG screen is 60% full then switch to flower and continue to train the branches through the ScroG screen thorough the stretch phase of flowering. This will create a mostly even canopy ScrOG screen with mostly the same length colas and allow easy harvesting with a high gram per watt efficiency method of growing.

The main reason I hadn't trained then middle shoots under the screen is because its very crowded already and im basicly just stacking foliage over top of other foliage. And to be honest I didnt really brush up on my scrog knowledge before doing this so im learning as I go. If I get 1.5 grams off each top then ill be happy. I cant even count all the tops..... :grinjoint:

UPDATE!

Well i took HunterNitros advise and trained the rest of the limbs under the screen. It took a lot of moving around limbs and trying to get limbs under the screen without blocking other tops was damn near impossible. It's a jungle in there !! But I flattened her out the best I could.

1216s.jpg

1216t2.jpg

I noticed a few pistils appear about 2 weeks ago. The lights were still on veg but I didn't think much of it because I've had other plants show sex before switching to flowering, what causes this??? I tried getting some pics with this little lense I found, its hard to see the pistol but I thought the pictures turned out kinda cool.

l122.jpg

l218.jpg

pistil_1216.jpg

I'm going to give her a few days to recover from the training then I'll switch to flowering. Happy growing :peace:

Awesome!! Looking good! Thats one bushy girl. now all your colas will be even and you can get the lights right above the canopy at all times.

Also, Those pistils are the calyx and once a cannabis plant is "mature" it will show sex even before flowering. Even though you can flower a cannabis plant before maturity i have heard its best to wait until they show sexy to start flowering as the plant is then mature.

Sweet! Yea she's my little shade tree. I havent named her yet but Penelope seems to feel right. So ill name her Penelope :circle-of-love:
I burnt the poor thing today because im an idiot and mixed the nutes too high when I toped off the rez last night. Its not bad just the very tips of the leaves got burnt but either way i was pretty upset with myself. Also my roots are pushing off the bottom of the tote and its actually raising the net pot out of the tote. Those roots are strong, lifting the screen and everything.....the tote is only half full of roots tho so idk why there forcing downwards like that. Weird. Any way everything's going well and I learned today that going from 700ppm to 1300ppm all at once was too much for the little girl to handle, so were always learning. lol

Thanks HunterNitro, and Happy Growing everyone :allgood:

A note, When you see signs of nute burn or deficiencies its usually from 3 days ago. It usually takes around 2-3 days for the burn to show from my experience.

1300 ppm?!! WOW! For a DWC grow that is a LOT. With my 4 foot wide DWC papaya i never went over 750-850 ppm as anything over that would start burning her.

Remember, less is more! Change out that reservoir and drop those PPM!

:goodjob:

The nute spike didnt happen until last night so she reacted really quickly I guess, hopefully it wont get any worse over the next few days, ill keep a close eye on her. I like to max out around 800ppm but last night I was half asleep and mixed 1.5 gallons worth of nutes into a half gallon of water. I looked at them this morning and knew something was wrong so I checked ph which was fine then I saw the ppm and was like :yikes:
I wish I could change out the rez but for this grow all I can do is top it off. But I balanced It back out to 720ppm so hopefully she'll be alright.
:peace:

Inside the tote, the air hoses wernt flat against the walls of the tote. Thus the roots grew around the air hoses......this happened right after I solved my slime/root rot problem so the last thing I wanted to do was tear roots off inside the tote where they would break down and turn to bad bacteria so my only option was to either drill a drain hole and try to get it water tight all while the plant was still sitting in the tote, or i could just top it off.
I tried my best to find the link to a great article on topping off instead of changing your reservoir but couldnt find it. Some guy who's name I cant remember has it down to a science. Kinda like Hiesenburg and his tea recipe.... anyway its been working well for me. My ppm stays balanced (when I dont fuck them up) and I havent had any slime issues whatsoever. I would much rather be able to change the rez tho,
Google would be a big help if you wanted to look into it.
:allgood:

UPDATE!

Well i took HunterNitros advise and trained the rest of the limbs under the screen. It took a lot of moving around limbs and trying to get limbs under the screen without blocking other tops was damn near impossible. It's a jungle in there !! But I flattened her out the best I could.

1216s.jpg

1216t2.jpg

I noticed a few pistils appear about 2 weeks ago. The lights were still on veg but I didn't think much of it because I've had other plants show sex before switching to flowering, what causes this??? I tried getting some pics with this little lense I found, its hard to see the pistol but I thought the pictures turned out kinda cool.

l122.jpg

l218.jpg

pistil_1216.jpg

I'm going to give her a few days to recover from the training then I'll switch to flowering. Happy growing :peace:

When a cannabis plant in vegetative growth develops pistils it is a sign of sexual maturity and the plant is ready to flower.

59 days from root.
Switched to flower last night 12/23
PPM 700-800 1/2 grow & 1/2 bloom

Penelope is already taking up most of the screen so hopefully shes like her mother and wont stretch too much.
My lights arnt big enough to cover the canopy so im going to have to either get a t5 fixture or an LED. I already have cfls so i'll probably get LED and do a side by side. Anyways heres the picture tour

I was putting in my flower bulbs the other night and had to take a picture, These bulbs would brush against the buds during flowering and all the sticky resin just stuck right on there

blb2.jpg
blb11.jpg

Heres Penelope on 12/22 before I flattened her out

lsecpy.jpg

Her's after. It doesnt look like much but thats about 30 mins of pulling shiits under the screen. (its much harder than i thought it would be) Its so crowded its disorienting lol

trndcpy.jpg

Here's Penelope's Rock hard stalk

stm.jpg

The nute burn got a little worse over the next few days after it had happened but these pictures show the worst of it

nute_burn_1.jpg
brn2.jpg

Here's Penelope's mother (Charlotte) about 1.5 months into flowering (buds arn't big but there as dense as stone!)

mother17.jpg
mbd.jpg

Computers dying so thats all for now i have some more pics for later. Thanks for following along everyone

Happy Growing :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom