LSTing Skunk Haze in veg

Sam Spader

420 Member
Hi all...looking for some advice on LSTing...got a few different strains in soil under cfls; AKxSK, NLxBB, and a few Skunk Haze. NLxBB, AKxSK, and 2 skunk haze phenos are about 6" tall, on the 8th node, and under 1 bank of cfls. 4 skunk haze phenos are about 10" tall, on the 8th to 9th node, and under another bank of cfls. I have around 7' of height to play with. I am wanting to let the AKxSk and the NLxBB get to around 3' before I switch to flowering. I got a feeling the 4 skunk haze are not going to wait for them. I can raise the lights on the 4 skunk haze but I would rather keep the lights as even as possible. I also do not want to top. So...think I can control the height of the 4 skunk haze by bending over the main stem? I have done this once before with a pineapple chunk that got out of hand. First time growing the skunk haze though...and there is 4 of them! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Thanks for reply Ripples...I've read a little and watched a few vids on super cropplng...man it would suck to screw that up. This is only my 4th grow so I'm def not an expert!! I went ahead and pulled them over...a couple have already turned back up. I usually go all natural..no topplng, LSTing or anything. I just need to slow the skunk haze down so my others can catch up. Would have tried SCROG but the skunk haze are regs. If I can't slow them down with LST I might have to try super cropplng. Gotta do something or I will have 7' plants on one side of room and 3' on the other...I guess I could have worse problems though lol..we'll see what happens..Thanks again and Happy Growlng to you!!

In my first grow I tried out several methods, and two were comparing a plant topped one time and one untopped. They were both trained using LST, and ended up being about the same size. I got a bit more out of the topped plant and the stems seemed stronger, but they were fairly close overall. For the untopped plant, I tied down the main stem, kind of winding it around, above the pot in a spiral shape. This seems to be a common method for straight LST'ed plants, giving the new growth a bit of a head start.

That said, You should be able to control them with LST as long as you start soon. Some bigger branches may need to be bent a little bit each day, but you'll get them where you want them!

Sounds like you're growing some big ones!

JoJo... I think you are right...couldn't take it anymore and did the dirty deed last night...crazy things have already turned back up! Gonna do just as you said...def more than one session lst...looking good! Thanks for info

100_12309.JPG
100_12328.JPG
100_12338.JPG
100_123513.JPG

A little training for some Skunk Haze!!!!:thumb: The last pic is the day after!

Back
Top Bottom