lung/tar question

mcdowell

i know that one joint is like the equivelent(sp?) of like 4 or5 cis tar wise, but i also heard that the tar is biodegradeable and decreases over time, so i was wondering if that's true.

mcdowell

Not a Clue on that one ill look around and if i find somthing ill post it up.peace

p.s. its so hard to find good information on cannabis cause so many sites lie about it as propaganda.

Yeah tar is biodegradable, I don't know what that really means in your lungs though.
Your lungs have specific cells in your body that help clean out your lungs, but that doesn't really help a lot when you are smoking burned plant material.

Accurate info on that kinda stuff is real hard to find. I know people that have smoked pot for many years with no ill effects. It seems like it doesn't hurt your lungs as bad as cigs do. I know I breath a lot better then my friends that smoke cigs.

Diirty said:
I have also heard that marijuana contains 5 or 6 times as much tar as cigarettes but is biodegradable... Biodegradable means "capable of being broken down especially into innocuous products by the action of living things (as microorganisms)" -Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (www.m-w.com)
Well, it would make sense that tar is a biodegradable substance because it is organic. And it think I remebered that it's marcrophages that clean out your lungs.

Don't smoke joints, the reason why it produces so much tar is because theres no filter in a joint ( If you were to smoke a cigarette sans-filter it'd be much more detrimental to your lungs and throat then a joint of equivalent size). Water filtration of any kind greatly nullifies the adverse effects that occur when one is inhaling combusted plant matter.

OnionGobbler said:
Don't smoke joints, the reason why it produces so much tar is because theres no filter in a joint ( If you were to smoke a cigarette sans-filter it'd be much more detrimental to your lungs and throat then a joint of equivalent size). Water filtration of any kind greatly nullifies the adverse effects that occur when one is inhaling combusted plant matter.
Actually a study done by NORML showed otherwise, which is weird...
The best way is a vape.

OnionGobbler said:
Of course the safest method would be no smoke at all ( eating or vaping) but assuming one had the option of water filtration versus joints.
No, the study actually showed that joints have a smaller tar-to-THC ratio than bongs, which is, as I've said, odd and goes against what I've experianced.

Let's be sensible.. when you vape you have this light brown plant residue..

Tar or no tar, do you want that shit burnt to ashes and the chemicals that result in your lungs?

Vape, vape and vape some more! :peace:

Vape, vape and tar no more!

yeah vape is great and so is eating

i know that my lungs can definatly heal after a lot of blazing and they hurt because ive done it, not quite sure how much shit i got outa there but im positive it helped

Back
Top Bottom