Machete's First Cherry Kush Indoor Grow - 2014

IloveMaryWana

Hello Again, and thank you for visiting.

I found these seeds in my medical marijuana, so these are hermie seeds. The smoke was really good and had me medicated for about 3 hours that's why I decided to take my chances and grow them. I'm mainly growing for the experience, later in the future I'll buy from a seedbank for better quality seeds.

I germinated the seeds last week on 04/03/14 using the wet towel and zip-lock bag method. The seeds sprouted two days later on 04/05/2014, unfortunately I didn't take pictures :/ .

This is everything I'm working with right now:
*Type of Strain: Cherry Kush/Hybrid - Indica Dominant
*Soil: Fox Farm
*Lighting: 1 40watt, 4ft. cfl tube @5000k
*At he moment they're planted in small pots.
*Nutrients: Black Label Veg. A and B. (Note: I only used the nutrients once but that's it. I wont be using them for another week or so, I don't want to burn the seedling. I did notice the their growth slowed down when I used the nutrients. I waited two days to water them to try to flush the nutrients.)

Pictures after this...

Re: Machete's first Cherry Kush Indoor Grow -2014

These were taken on 04/06/2014 right after I transplanted them to their pots.
IMG_191812.JPG
IMG_192212.JPG
IMG_192311.JPG

These were taken two days later.
IMG_192416.JPG
IMG_192514.JPG
IMG_193916.JPG

These were taken on 04/11/14
IMG_19419.JPG
IMG_19478.JPG
IMG_19499.JPG
IMG_19486.JPG

These were taken today 4/13/14
IMG_19708.JPG
IMG_197111.JPG

I put a little support on this one because she's leaning a tiny bit.
IMG_196910.JPG
IMG_19688.JPG

And the grow room:
IMG_193817.JPG
IMG_19379.JPG
This is the current set up, once I they grow ill add more light and start occupying the whole area.
IMG_19438.JPG

Mini UBS desk fan.
IMG_195015.JPG

I mixed up two of the pictures up there, but you get the idea...
Please leave your comments/concerns/opinions, I need all the advice I can get :). Thanks guys.

I am here. From cell phone. I will check out in a few min

ill be here too, might get good info out from this. ill be lurking around like a ninja. :rollit:

Intro is outstanding. Very nice and clean set up. Sorry about the quick cell post. Good to see you got your Journal up and going.

Thank you guys for all the support, it motivates me even more to improve and learn my methods.

I do have one question. I've been keeping the fan on overnight even when I turn the lights off for my babies, the light stay on for 20 hrs and are off for 4. So my question is, should I keep the fan on at all times or should I turn it of for a couple hours? I'm wondering if it might be a little cold at night with the fan on.
Today I'm going to do some slight modifications on my grow room, I'll post some pictures later.

Hey there and congrats to your first grow.

They are stretching, meaning your light is too far away. Get the light source closer! You'll be able to fix the stretch that already happened, when you transplant them, by just planting them deeper into the soil.

Yes, I did notice they stretched out a little bit before I installed the cfl tube light, before the cfl I was using a regular light bulb that was in my bedroom.
The cfl light is too big for me to hang it horizontally that's why I installed it vertacally, if you look at the picture I uploaded of my set up, do you think it's best to buy a smaller cfl to hang right on top of them? I did notice the plants stopped stretching when I installed the cfl and, I wouldn't want to spend more money than I have to.

I like it. I also like the fact that you just joined and are putting it out there. Great job

Thank you :), I'm glad I decided to joint this forum, I can already tell that I'm in the place. I really believe in medical marijuana, and a lot have pride in what I'm doing. I used to be on sleeping medication, but those pills just left me all doped up and were really messing me up, so I turned to medical weed. I couldn't be happier with it, even my wifey is strong supporter and gave me the go to start growing.

Update 04/16/2014

I ran out to Lowes to buy a couple things to build this...
IMG_19948.JPG

I insulated the whole inside with that shiny insulation stuff, along with 4 cfl light bulbs rated at 5000k and 1600 lumens. I swited out the cfl tube because I didn't think it was doing its job.

and here the babies 3 days later...
IMG_199010.JPG
IMG_198711.JPG

One of them is growing at a slower pace, maybe I shoed it oo much love and it didn't like it, lol.
IMG_198810.JPG

Back
Top Bottom