Magnesium deficiency?

johnehazeharvester

noticed interveinal chlorosis and brown spots on a few leaves of OG Kush.
I think it is Mg deficiency. My foliar spray has half tsp/liter of MgSo4(Epson salt). I added 1 tsp MgSo4, 1 tsp FF Grow Big, 1 Tbsp FF Big Bloom and Corn Seed Sprout Tea to gallon of water and watered all plants. OG Kush got about 1 liter. Should I add more Epson salt to a solution for OG Kush. I am wondering if there is too much Ca++ which can be antagonistic to MG. I have gypsum in the soil along with crab meal and bone meal. All of which has a bunch of phosphorus and calcium. Maybe too much?

PXL_20230315_104713282.jpg
PXL_20230315_104701540.jpg
PXL_20230315_104102415.jpg

As mentioned above it looks more of a K issue than a Mag issue. K can appear more on the fringes and Mag can appear deeper between the veins.

A Tbsp per gallon of water of Epsom Salts would correct it if it is Mag deficiency. It's hard to over do it on the Epsom Salts.

Mixing soils and nutrients is a bit of a minefield to me, but first impression I'd be considering a Potassium boost
Big Bud, PK13/14 even Terpinator are good sources, even wood ash works well
Looks like she is getting ready to flower?
Great. Thanks. Appreciate it. I heat with a wood stove so I have a lot of ash I just have to watch the pH

As mentioned above it looks more of a K issue than a Mag issue. K can appear more on the fringes and Mag can appear deeper between the veins.

A Tbsp per gallon of water of Epsom Salts would correct it if it is Mag deficiency. It's hard to over do it on the Epsom Salts.
Thanks. Pat. I'll add a bit of Epsom salt and a tablespoon of wood ash and see what other amendments I have that are high in potassium

Great. Thanks. Appreciate it. I hate with a wood stove so I have a lot of ash I just have to watch the pH
I am going to be away for 8 days next week. I am hoping my stepson is able to keep up with watering when I return. I want to try to do some clones from all plants when I return. I plan on flipping 3 to 4 days later. This will be about 2 weeks from today.

Looks like K to me.. Sounds like you’re still in Veg, seeing this during Veg makes me think you’re in a drier climate. If you’re in a drier environment you’ll be using more K than your average grower. K is responsible for the opening and closing of stomata during transpiration. The drier the climate the more your plants transpire. The more they transpire the more they need K.

Looks like K to me.. Sounds like you’re still in Veg, seeing this during Veg makes me think you’re in a drier climate. If you’re in a drier environment you’ll be using more K than your average grower. K is responsible for the opening and closing of stomata during transpiration. The drier the climate the more your plants transpire. The more they transpire the more they need K.
I try to keep around 60%. Its cold where I live so when heater kicks on it decreases humidity. I have seen it get as low as 45%. I have a humidifier on all the time. Thanks!

It definitely bumps up pH. Ash is also a good source of potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium. In terms of commercial fertilizer, average wood ash would be about 0-1-3 (N-P-K).
What would firewood ash do. Cause I use it all time never have issue with any plants deff. Used to use calmag all time now . I never use it

So I am
PXL_20230316_120122326.jpg
Convinced it was a K+ deficiency and not a Mg deficiency.
Topped dressed w 1 tbsp Dr Earth Premium Gold, Alfalfa Meal and Kelp meal
Mixed 1 tbsp wood ash in a gallon of water
3/16 AM watered w wood ash water mixed with Silicate (@55ppm of Silicate in .5L for OG KUSH) also added Tbsp molasses and EWC 1/2 cup to gallon.
Ordered K+So4. Not sure of application. I have seen between 1/16 tsp to 2 Tbsp. I will add to gallon of water @ 30-40ppm and see what quantity that is.
OG Kush is also closest to heater, This may use up more K+ due to increased perspiration and more stomata openings.
My Rosetta Stone showed signs of heat stress in this position and I exchanged it w OG Kush a few weeks ago. Switched plants around now we will see how MOTA Hara does near the heater

added 1/4 teaspoon of potassium sulfate to 1 gallon of water that increase PPM about 43
3/17 pm plants were droopy and thirsty. watered them. Also did a foliar spray. I don't think they like that. It still had some Epsom salt in it and potassium silicate the new growth was twist. OG Kush got very droopy probably over watered. Maybe it's not perspiring great due to deficiency.

For next watering I upped the potassium sulfate 3/8 tsp /gallon. My rational is that 43 ppm is only about 50% K so still may be under feeding it especially with a deficiency. Deficiency seemed to slowly progress but new growth seemed decent.
Twisty new growth was better this morning

Now I leave for 8 days and all watering and care will be with my stepson. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I gave him detailed directions
PXL_20230318_161422379.jpg
PXL_20230318_000524668.jpg
PXL_20230318_000517885.jpg

I wanted to give everyone a follow-up . I went away for 8 days and had stepson water. I was out of the country but had an arlo camera on my plants. Had to remind him multiple times they needed to be watered so I don't think the watering was great. My OG Kush was from #seedsupreme. This was going to be an organic run but I don't think my inputs were perfect.
I added potassium sulfate to water before I left but with PPM of only about 44. This is a 1/4 spoon per gallon. I left him with that water
When I got back from the vacation plant looked in bad shape. I doubled potassium sulfate, 1/2 tsp /gallon and added tablespoon of ash to gallon of water and gave fermented fruit juice with old bananas and fermented plant juice from cannabis leaves and stalks. I topped dressed with earthworm castings and more of my doctor earth organic fertilizer I used a mix of premium and pure gold .A little over a week later and things are looking good. Very happy this plant responded well. Plant seems to be fairly resilient. I think I will be able to make it to the finish line. First picture is current. Last two pictures we're about 8 days ago. The below picture is the current one and the other a little over a week ago.
Screenshot_20230405-110411.png
this is is yesterday

below was from about 8 or 9 days ago
Screenshot_20230405-110450.png

Back
Top Bottom