Malaysia To Hang Another Man For Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A part-time worker was sentenced to death by hanging by the High Court here today after he was found guilty of trafficking 1,284 grammes cannabis three years ago.

Judge Datuk Syed Ahmad Helmy Syed Ahmad, in handing down the sentence on T. Sivakumar, 30, said the defence failed to raise any reasonable doubts on the prosecution’s case.

Sivakumar, who was represented by counsel Harcharanjit Singh, was found guilty of committing the offence in front of the Kedai Alat Ganti Kereta Castrol at Jalan Utama 2/1, Puchong near here at about 2.30pm on June 19, 2005.

The drugs were found in the back pockets of the trousers he was wearing.

Deputy public prosecutor Mohd Nordin Ismail prosecuted.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: NST Online
Copyright: 2008 NST Online
Contact: Home | New Straits Times | Malaysia General Business Sports and Lifestyle News

It is absurd that anyone would be put to death for Marijuana. I really struggle to wrap my head around the fact that this recurringly happens.

I'm also wondering about this case in specific - the facts above seem improbably. How can anyone fit 3 pounds in their back pockets? I could maybe see this if it wash hash, but if just weed, seems overstated

Not that this matters really, the point is how can people actually be thinking this is the right thing to do. I've got to believe there is an extra warm spot in hell that these people will eventually be visiting.

Back
Top Bottom