Two To Be Hanged For Trafficking Cannabis

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Malaysia: The High Court here today sentenced two men to death by hanging after they were found guilty of trafficking in nearly 1kg of cannabis six years ago.
Judicial Commissioner Ridwan Ibrahim, in making the decision, said the court had no choice but to pass the death sentence on Khairil Anuar Abdul Rahman, 34, and Afendi Adam, 28, after the prosecution had proven their case against the two men beyond reasonable doubt.

Ridwan, however, did not provide the grounds for his judgment.

Khairil Anuar, a restaurant worker, and Afendi, a painter, were charged in the High Court here on March 12, 2002 with trafficking in 971gm of cannabis in Jalan Rokam, Taman Razaki, here on Feb 28, 2002 with another person still at large.

Deputy public prosecutor Julia Ibrahim prosecuted, while Khairil Anuar and Afendi were represented by lawyers Manjeet Kaur and Ranjit Singh Sandhu respectively.

Manjeet and Ranjit were expected to file an appeal for their clients against the conviction and sentence.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: NST Online
Copyright: 2008 NST Online

For those of us in America who think we have it bad...You need to change your perspective quick. Think about how bad we have it here in America, minimum of a 1 year jail sentence in my state for possesion of 1gram of weed. Now take a look at other countries...Death sentence for 1kg. America is not the only country against our plant. The focus on legalization needs not to be secluded to one country alone.

What unbelievably misguided people there are in this world.

It takes a lot of effort to wrap my mind around how bent a people would have to be to execute someone for a few pounds of a harmless plant.

I've got to believe that ultimately the citizens will overthrow their oppressors - it's a question of how many casualties are had in the interim

I agree user, its also what happens when you let media influence your every decision... They make marijuana seem like a joke for losers on everything I ever watch anymore...

Back
Top Bottom