Male/Female

michiganrules

hey guys im hoping u can shed some light on this for me i was hoping someone could post a few really good pics of male and female preflowers...please help a novise in need....thanks

Yeah, Im having the same problem right now... I really hope some post some pix.. Im pretty sure my one is pre-flowering female. Its gonna be 28 days old on friday, and still under 24/7 light. I'll take a pic and post it on here for ya. Im wondering if i should change lights to 12/12? Gotta wait till the wife leaves for work to take pic..

Here ya go..

Females show pistils. You can clearly see them in this pic.

female6.jpg

Males don't have the pistils. They have pods with no white hairs/pistils..

male8.jpg

Hermies can appear at anytime so don't think you're out of the woods when you see female pre-flowers. Here's some pix of male flowers growing right out of the middle of the bud. Sometimes, they can be tough to spot though..

hrherm1.jpg

hrherm2.jpg

Hope that helps!!

:peace:

Harry

yes u r right i guess what i dont understand is that do both the male and female flowers start out with the pods or jusst the males?like does the hair grow strait out of the stem?

No, the pistils (hairs) grow from the calyx on the females. The pistils normally form a classic V shape. There are no pistils on the males and the pods they form have a somewhat different shape than the female calyx.

Here's a closeup of the male pollen sacks.

maleplant.jpg

Here's a diagram that may allow you to see the difference more clearly..

m_and_f1.jpg

:peace:

Harry

hey thanks man it dont get any better than that :......( but now im not in such a good mood as i realize i have prolly 3 huge males......

ive been crusin around for a few hours and thats the best explination ive seen thus far u r a real educator....need and aprentice?lol just kidding

I do locate one pistal at the middle right. Healthy looking female. It's hard to see next to it though.

Sorry to hear about three Kanes (Male in Hawaiian) and yes Hermies are hard to spot. After 3 succesful harvests from a Sensi Seed Nor Cal Indica, one version of it went Hermie and wrecked havoc on over 8 other plants. as well as giving a few clones to a close friend and same thing happened to him, but not the other 2 recipients of the clones. It can happen even with " Great Genetics"

yea well im still waiting but im almost 100%sure bot lil pointy acorn lookin thins clustered together on my tops and tops of branchs

that sux....sorry to hear that, i got 6 going and only one showed so far. Light are going off for the first time tonite. Then ill see if i got anymore girls:) Does anyone know how long to exspect to wait till the other ones show?

Just depends, I have had them show in three and as many as 13...I think if they are younger it will take them longer then it would an older plant to show.:peace:

Michigan, don't give up! Try, try again!!!

Yeah Michigan, don't give up! I've been in that boat a couple of times and it blows. Persistence definitely pays off. I recently had a male but started over again and just found out last week its a girl! It's definitely worth trying again.

Back
Top Bottom