Male or Female? 5.5 week old plant

Dmartz28

Can anyone tell if this is male or female? The plant is about 5.5 weeks old.

Thanks!
image10689.jpeg
image10691.jpeg

image10693.jpeg

Re: Male or Female? 5.5 week old plant...

Hi Dmartz28.

Happy 420 and welcome to the 420 Magazine community of members. :welcome:

It's a little too early to be able to determine the sex of your plant. Male/female indentifying parts won't be visible until the plant reaches sexual maturity and begins to set bud sites.

Be well and happy growing!

TanR - when do you recommend I put it into the flowering stage? it's about 14 inches tall

Dmartz28.

Can you tell me a little about it's environment. I generally make decisions around that by evaluating things like; how much light do I have? Indoor or outdoor? How much room do I have? How am I going to deal with any smell a larger vs. smaller plant might emit, etc...

The more info you can share, the more tailored a suggestion I or others can offer.

It's being grown indoors, using 3 or 4 CFL lights.

In terms of room, that is definitely something I need to be careful with - I'm not in a situation where I can grow a monster. Smell is also something I need to be careful with, was going to take that head on when it come's into play.

Ultimately, I'm not looking for a professional grow or anything like that. I've done this a few times and never seen it through so it's more of an experiment for me - obviously I would like to have a successful grow but I don't need to go crazy.

Appreciate your time.

Happy to help if I can Dmartz.

So based on the info you provided, I'd like to assist in helping you see the see this grow all the way through. Understanding your size and smell concerns I would recommend a couple steps.

It appears your lights are pretty distant from the plant, or at least were when it was younger. Plants grow tall and "stretch" when they aren't getting the light they crave. CFL bulbs emit very little heat so I would suggest lowering the bulbs or raising the plants to within an inch or two of top of the plants.

Since your photo's don't show the whole plant I'm hard pressed to make a really specific suggestion as to where, but my general suggestion is that you consider trimming a little off the top of the plant. Like 1/3rd of the plant's top! That plant is already pretty tall and when you induce budding with 12 hours or more of darkness, it will naturally stretch again. Often doubling in height. I think you want to be shorter now to plan for the stretch later.

By topping the plant and lowering the lights, you will promote a bushier (shorter obviously) plant with several top colas instead of just one. I would probably give the plant another 2-3 weeks or so to recover from topping and begin developing the multiple tops and then consider inducing budding.

My goal/thinking is to help get your first grow completed within a the next 3 months or so. Without knowing anything about the strain of your plant, I''m hoping it will mature with something close to 60 days of budding (give or take a week or two or three :rofl:).

My hope is you'll end up with a plant about 20 to 24 inches tall with 4 or 5 top colas and end up with something close to an oz.

My suspicion is that after growing your first plant to completion and enjoying the "fruit" of your labor, you will become completely batshit crazy for growing your own and it will complete overtake your life and every waking thought! Like it has for the rest of us! LMAO :rofl::loopy::laugh:

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom