Mandala claims vs reality - your opinion?

Motorcityoc1

I've been looking at a lot of seed catalogues lately; trying to decide which breeder to go with for my second grow.

Mandala Seeds has a super-informative website, but to my novice ear some of the claims they make re: their strains seem more than a little exaggerated. Or maybe these seeds really are all that?

What's been your experience with Mandala Seeds?

I particularly don't know what to make of this bit:

"Plants require only minimal feeding or low EC to grow and flower optimally."

REALLY??? Are folks growing like this and having success?

here's the whole thing, from Mandala's website:

The following applies to all Mandala strains.

◦They thrive in all grow methods and substrates: rockwool, expanded clay pellets, coco coir, soil, DWC/"bubbler", waterfarm, ebb & flow, etc.
◦Hybrid vigour and our extensive selective breeding methods ensure rapid, strong growth and exceptionally good mother plants. The mother plants are easy to care for, have vigorous shoots, and are long-lasting. Quality of cuttings is excellent under proper plant care and they root quickly.
◦Nutrient uptake is very efficient; root growth is fast and abundant. Plants require only minimal feeding or low EC to grow and flower optimally. Root mass is impressive in hydro systems.
◦Leaf and stem size is very large. This facilitates rapid vegetative development and supports high yielding bud growth.
◦Outdoor our strains are valued for their hardiness and ability to withstand extreme situations. Plants that have almost been eaten or damaged to the ground will recover and sprout new growth. A unique trait of Mandala's is their impressive heat resistance during hot summer months (exceptional root system; high water retention).
◦Bud quality and yield are of a very high standard. Often growers report bumper yields from their Mandala crop regardless of plant height. The profuse resin content and tendency of Mandala plants to develop dense colas contribute to these rewarding results

I have had nothing but good experience w/ Mandala Seeds. Still I have only grown from 2 strains, Satori & Chill OM but all the seeds were vigorous. I think that the 'seed' is the most perfect conditions for growth so not much is needed other then water for the first 6- 12 days. My plants and the back breeding as a result of Mandala were positive experiences. It didn't get complicated beyond balancing K, N, P or Miracle Gro. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom