Manganese deficiency

Rokken123

420 Member
Cellmax soil have Manganese? Because it’s the second time on cellmax soil (with all fertilizers) that I have a manganese deficiency.. I don’t know why, Ph is 6,5.

Welcome Rokken123!

manganese deficiency shows up most often mid to late flower, because the pH has always been adjusted to 6.5 or higher. Since most of the heavy metals are mobile at the lower end of the pH scale, the plants never see manganese in the amounts needed if you don't occasionally set your pH to 6.3 or so, just to pick up these trace minerals at the lower end.

Welcome Rokken123!

manganese deficiency shows up most often mid to late flower, because the pH has always been adjusted to 6.5 or higher. Since most of the heavy metals are mobile at the lower end of the pH scale, the plants never see manganese in the amounts needed if you don't occasionally set your pH to 6.3 or so, just to pick up these trace minerals at the lower end.
Thank you for the reply ;), so if I set 6,3 ph right now I still have the manganese deficiency? Sorry for bad eng!

Welcome to 420,Rokken:welcome:

You're in the best of hands with the manganese situation ,so I'll just say Welcome Aboard!

It is my belief that if you adjust to 6.3 for the rest of the grow, the problem will not get any worse, but it is going to take a couple of watering cycles to get the nutrients flowing. This problem is the primary reason that I am against the popular advice to always pH to 6.5.... many times, repeatedly, you will get this symptom as a result.

Back
Top Bottom