Marc Goes to Jail on Monday Morning, May 10th

...but we hope to have him out on bail again the same day. Marc's bail conditions require that he turn himself in at 9am on May 10th, or when the Justice Minister makes a decision about the extradition. The prosecutor claims that the Justice Minister has all day on the 10th to make a decision, so Marc can get out on bail after 1pm our time (4pm Ottawa) unless he's ordered extradited.

The Justice Minister must apply for more time to make the decision if he doesn't do it by the 10th. We would seek to have Marc released on bail for the same amount of time the Minister receives as an extension (likely 30 to 90 days).

I think we have to have the bail paperwork done and signed by our four sureties in different cities before they court will release Marc, but it seems that's not likely to be done by 4pm if the bail hearing happens after 1pm... That means Marc would be sent to North Fraser pretrial for the night and we'd have to get him out the next morning, hopefully.

Apparently it's possible that he might be able to get out on Monday without us having to finish all the paperwork first... but I don't know how that would work out... so I guess we'll just wait and see how it unfolds on Monday. Follow updates from me on Facebook.

Please contact the Canadian Justice Minister with this message:

"Please do NOT extradite Marc Emery to the United States. If he broke the law in Canada, he should be charged in Canada, not a foreign country. Don't extradite Marc Emery, or the Conservative Party will be punished in the next election!"

(613) 995-1547
(905) 353-9590
(905) 871-9991

NichoR@parl.gc.ca

Honourable Robert Nicholson
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: CANNABIS CULTURE MAGAZINE
Author: Jodie Emery
Copyright: 2010 CANNABIS CULTURE MAGAZINE

Please god dont let one of the most incredible people we as marijuana smokers have in our arsenal against the cruel and oppressive marijuana laws we have here. He is a true hero and should be treated as such. For someone thats as incredible as him to go to jail it really shows that they will try (and can ) unjustly charge us all as criminals, and treat us as such for as long as we sit back and let them. WHY is this happening!? Some people like to spread hate. And those people are not us.
DO NOT EXTRADITE THE BC 3 PLEASE!
I really hope the canadian government realizes that they are very much being bullied by their asshole neighbor, please dont let this continue. I love my country but apparently here the government doesnt always take the same stance as the people they are supposed to represent. And this is a perfect example of such. But know this,... the american people are behind you every step of the way Marc.

Back
Top Bottom