Marijuana Laws Based on Fiction

PFlynn

It is amazing how ridiculous lies, propaganda and political opportunism still affect attitudes about marijuana. The pot laws were passed based on the most absurd racist fictions:

"Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice." ( Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934. )

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana can cause white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality and death."

"[Smoking] one [marihuana] cigarette might develop a homicidal mania, probably to kill his brother." ( See U.S. Government Propaganda To Outlaw Marijuana -- Statement of H. J. Anslinger, Commissioner of Narcotics. )

Not one of these claims meets the standards of modern science, medicine or social knowledge. Indeed these Reefer Madness claims are generally rejected by the public. People are denied medical care, jobs are lost and yes, people are being jailed because of these odious lies. Nevertheless, legislators refuse to set the record straight by repealing policies that harm the public far more than any amount of marijuana use could ever do.

The absurdity of employment policies is that the victim of a pot law does not need to be under the influence of the drug to be fired. Merely using the drug off work can be detected for days or weeks. No impairment of any kind is needed.

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Albany Democrat-Herald (OR)
Copyright: 2008 Lee Enterprises
Website: Albany Democrat Herald: Your source for news in Albany, Oregon

This is a game they are playing. There is no issue with pot. It does not harm society...this is a way for people who don't do it and don't understand it to act uppity and crash their cars drunkenly into their garages each night...

Damn, seeker...that sucks bro...I was popped on a test for one of my truck driving jobs one time...dude just handed me a cup when I got back to the terminal and said here pee in this!...I was fucked, either pee and take my chances or just walk out...looking back I should have walked out on him, but I took the stupid thing and was fired 2 days later...I had been smoking the sho-nuf sticky icky too...lol...screw him!!! I hated going to Newark New Jersey every week anyway...bump him and that place!!!

^ had a college buddy from Newark, told me some crazy stories from there, not a very nice place though...

I tell ya...that place is a cesspool to a good ol country boy from the deep south east...I've never seen so many gutted out and abandoned cars in my life...I mean, the side of the road looks like a junk yard. Not to mention all the graffiti painted on virtually everything in sight. I was appalled at just how filthy a city could let it's self become.
Y'all can understand why I had to smoke weed just to deal with something like that every week.

Back
Top Bottom