Marijuana Shortages Possible After Multiple Truckload Busts

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Some marijuana consumers around the U.S may experience shortages or price increases after a sharp increase in the frequency of one ton or more marijuana busts along highways. Avocados, bananas, batteries and toilet paper are just a few of the things police have found more than 29,000 pounds of marijuana hidden inside while conducting searches of tractor trailers already during the month of February. While many of the busts took place in Texas, it’s still unclear where any of the trucks final destinations was, or more importantly, where there is expected to be shortages of marijuana. It’s also unclear if the trend is a sign of increased marijuana trafficking enforcement or a result of police investigations and/or informants.

Although it’s presumed that all of the busts were of the popular brick or “shwag” weed variety, usually imported from Mexico, some market strain could be put on locally grown higher grade supplies as a result.
Tuscola, Illinois (4,400 pounds)

Three men from California are being held on $1 million bond each after Illinois State Police found more than 2 tons of marijuana inside a semitrailer truck they were driving through eastern Illinois, 30 miles south of Champaign. A police K9 unit discovered the bundles of marijuana hidden among crates of vegetables. The suspects, 31-year-old Jesus Guzman, 35-year-old Eric Cabrera and 32-year-old Joshua Cornillez are all from the Livingston, California area. Charges have yet to be filed but marijuana trafficking charges are expected for each pending further investigation.
Loredo, Texas (2,317 pounds)

Around the 14th of the month, Customs and Border Protection inspectors discovered more than a ton of marijuana after conducting a secondary search on a trailer filled with 1,496 boxes of car batteries near Loredo. The unnamed driver of that truck was turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcements (ICE) to continue with investigations.
Brownsville, Texas (2,161 pounds)

The same weekend of the Loredo bust, Border Patrol agents seized 2,161 pounds from a truck in Brownsville, Texas after agents found 66 bundles of marijuana concealed in metal boxes that had been welded shut. The unnamed driver in that bust was turned over to the D.E.A.
Rio Rico, Arizona (3,470 pounds)

on February 9th, ICE agents responded and established surveillance after receiving a tip about a mysterious semitrailer at a warehouse facility. During the investigation, agents discovered there was no truck associated with the trailer or driver in the vicinity. After obtaining consent from the warehouse manager, Agents discovered the 1.75 tons of pot in 156 vacuum-sealed bags hidden within a shipment of squash. No arrests have been made and the squash was turned over to a consignee.
Weslaco, Texas (2,500 pounds)

Around February 8th, a Weslaco, Texas police patrol officer stopped a tractor trailer hauling about 2,500 pounds of marijuana inside a shipment of avocados. Police arrested Marciano Noriega Gonzalez, 45, of Yakima, Washington, and Patricia Marquez De Haro, 47, of Corona, Calif after X-ray scans revealed anomalies inside the trailer.
Otay Mesa, California (3,877 pounds & 2,000 pounds)

During the first week of the month, inspectors at the Otay Mesa cargo port found more than 3,800 pounds of marijuana hidden in a shipment of peppers and green beans. An unnamed 46-year-old Ensenada man who was driving the shipment was taken into custody.

A few days later, the same inspectors at the cargo port nabbed another ton of marijuana stashed in a load of bananas. An unnamed 40-year-old driver was arrested.
San Antonio, Texas (2,512 pounds)

on February 3rd, ICE agents seized more than a ton of pot as the result of an investiagtion that started after an inspector became suspicious of a truck that entered through Loredo. Agents followed the truck to an abandoned used car lot where they set up surveillance on the rundown building. When agents went in for the bust, they found the drugs concealed behind a fake wall that was hastily constructed. One unnamed person at the scene was arrested and police say they expect more arrests to come after an investigation.
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania (6,000 pounds)

Around the first of the month, Pennsylvania State Troopers pulled over a truck that reportedly failed to stop at a weigh station on Interstate 81. Inside the trailer they found six plywood crates with about 3 tons of marijuana hidden behind boxes. Authorities have arrested Eric Emmanuel, 35, of Pembroke Pines, Florida, and Stanley Narcisse, 34, of Winter Garden, Florida.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: sparkreport.net
Copyright: 2010 Spark Report
Website: Marijuana Shortages Possible After Multiple Truckload Busts | Spark Report

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

yeah, a bunch of crappy weed is being "weeded" out, but do you think the cartels mind if those are busted over the Meth and ****** that is passing through? Legalize Weed, Protect our borders, focus on enforement of illicit drugs better. solutions..... if only 'the people' had a say in the way our country is run

Shortage my ass. Supply always rises to meet demand in a black market economy.

These raids simply keep the price up on Government imported drugs.

Simple supply a demand, maybe the got tired of the price on that crappy Press dope bing lower than ever since they started pressing that crap.

No shortage up north I heard... I heard it was saturated up there. And now with all the mom and pops going to pot school I am sure SoCal will not be far behind.

It is a story you can look at a couple of different ways.

One way is that considering the massive unemployment and tax free profits(being busted is a tax only paid by some) there is so much being grown by so many people that the bumbling police are bound to stumble onto more and more.
Another way to look at it is that for the people who do grow the government is doing a huge favor to them by keeping the arresting constant thus keeping prices and profits high.
I personally think that we should be going to our libraries and internet cafes (don't want anybody to be able to trace our IP address) and start sending thank you notes by the thousands or millions whether you are a grower or seller or not.
Can you imagine how mad they would be and the news coverage it would get if we inundated the government with thank you notes and demands that they help us keep profits and prices high.
A little reverse psychology.:peace:

Yeah, while they are wasting there time getting a small amount of weed off the streets, the murderers, m*th dealers and cr*ck dealers get a day off. Police need to get there priorities straight.

2009 was a bumper crop. When I left CA last year we had outdoor shit coming out of our ears. When I got to the east coast I had no problem locating even more.

You would think after decades of seizures people would get it through their heads that interdiction just doesn't cause supply disruptions. It doesn't mean 'the trend is a sign of increased marijuana trafficking enforcement or a result of police investigations and/or informants'. I still recall the 'French Connection' getting busted in the late '60s and how that was supposed to wipe out her-oh-win addiction in the US. All it ended up doing was bumping the price temporarily.

Its the hippy mafia. Because the shops arent buying top quality buds. I went to sell some to a shop and they did not want it. Hippy mafia get 100 tons grown illegally and dumps it at the shops for 1200 a pound or some insane price. These shops are supporting crime!!!!!!!!!! Truth!

These shops are supporting crime!!!!!!!!!!

So when you sell massively over priced that is okay, but when someone else sells for a cheaper price that is a crime?

They wish... What a joke. Do these people really understand just how much of this stuff is around? The price per gram is dropping through the roof. That is a sign of a glut, not a shortage. Need I mention the thousands (or millions?) of growers in North America that are just a few plants in their basement? Many are not even involved in the mix. They grow their own and they do not need to buy or sell. Everyday more legal growers are starting their first crop(s) around the world. Eventually it will swing to a shortage, but that will be because of market demand, nothing else.

So when you sell massively over priced that is okay, but when someone else sells for a cheaper price that is a crime?

No you pay higher prices at the shops.They don't cut you any breaks. How much does an OZ at a shop go for? 380 bucks? off a grower. 250.,.so you pay more at the shops..60 for 1.8th / grower about 35....But the shops only want to pay about 150 an ounce and 15 an eight. 2400 A POUND FOR og KUSH?> tHAT WONT EVEN PAY MY ELECTRIC BILL IN THE STATES!

sO NEXT TIME YOU GO TO A SHOP...THINK ABOUT WHAT THEIR ROFIT MARGIN IS...ASK THEM HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAYING FOR A POUND..THEY WONT TELL...

and yes because most mass grows are illegal...they tap into the electric grid and rip the power, they destroy homes, and only care about profits and tend to use harsh chemicals that you end up smoking, all your mone goes to canada or me\xico,, this is what the law was suppose to end,

You know Silver I understand your frustration, but I don't understand your anger.
If you look at the way business is done in North America you see that it is the same in every business. From your groceries to the clothes on your back.
They are purchased for as little as possible and sold for as much as possible.

There are only two ways to change this. Through government intervention lolollollololololololololololololhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Or by starting your own store and selling for little or no profit.
Remember the reason we enjoy cannabis. To rise above the anger and pettiness of everyday and to find peace and love. And most of all to share these things with family and friends.:peace:

"and yes because most mass grows are illegal...they tap into the electric grid and rip the power, they destroy homes, and only care about profits and tend to use harsh chemicals that you end up smoking, all your mone goes to canada or me\xico"

I am a card holder in Canada and I have a grower in B.C. that has had all his stuff checked out by the local fire and electrical safety people, all the wiring professionally installed. I do not like the blanket statements you are making. Please tone it down to more reasonable statements. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom