MarsHydro 300 or alternative?

Cannabliss89

So after doing more research I decided to get an LED. I have 3 plants right now vegging outdoors that I have to move in for flowering eventually, in the future I might have 4 under this set up. I was planning on getting a 300w LED. How many plants can a 300w handle? I'm thinking 4 would be the max.

After doing some research I've narrowed it down to two options: MarsHydro 300 and a non-sponsor 300W
Which one do you recommend and why?
The non-sponsor 300W costs a little bit more and has 11 different spectrums, while the Mars has only 10. Also the non-sponsor 300W has a 90 degree secondary focusing lens and the Mars doesn't because they claim it cuts 20% lumen light. Those seem to be the only main differences. What do you guys recommend?

I use the Mars 900 watt led its perfect for a 3' x 3' space I know mars hydro sells them for like 349.00 but you can buy them on ebay from them, or there other first company name top light led which I did ,you can pick them up for a low of 230.00 to 290.00 ,they work great,I ran from HPS too cause the heat and all, but they do grow great weed

Yea that's exactly why I want an LED, less heat output and it uses less energy. I'm kinda leaning towards the Mars because a lot of people seem to stand behind there product and I can actually afford it.

1 x 300w will cover 1 plant. 2 x 300w will cover 3 (through flower). I haven't used MH, butIMO, it's the best "price point" light out there. Figure out your area, your needs, and that will give you a better place to start. If you figure cost/day, the difference between the cheapest and most expensive lights made is completely negligible. I understand the initial investment can hurt for most people. It's either a hobby or your health... I can't put a price tag on either of those things. Good luck!

I would personally put 1 Mars Hydro 300 watt per plant in bloom. I have been wary of LED for a while now considering that the technology is advancing at a rapid rate. I was clued in to the old style Mars Hydro 300 watt lights on the big auction site for $63 shipped and thought I would give them a go. I have a small tent, 36"x20", that needed some lights and I felt that two Mars Hydro 300s would fit the bill. I am not a master grower, but I have an auto going under these lights and I am happy with the results. For the price I don't really think there is anything else out there that can compete, maybe a cheap HID system, but then you are dealing with a bit more heat. I am running more watts per square foot in the small tent and the heat is no issue. In my 4'x4' tent I am running HID and have to keep it dimmed to deal with the heat. I would personally grab 4 of the Mars Hydro lights to flower 4 plants under. I couldn't see spending a chunk of change on LEDs when the technology is advancing at the current rate.

Back
Top Bottom