Mass MMJ Patient Seeking Help

It was me. I didn't realize you didn't have the post count. No worries.

Very good info and thanks. Maybe that will help others, I've found it challenging to get accurate info. But, I got some help from another member, and I'll try that method come Monday, or when snowmagedin 2015 allows business to resume as normal. ;)

Thank you very much. I'll let you know.:thanks:

Just a quick update. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has started issuing plastic, photo ID's for people enrolled in their "Medical Use of Marijuana Program". As of January 1st, 2015, the doctor's letter was no longer accepted as proof of membership. You need to go through the DPH process and they charge $50 for the card. If there is financial hardship, the $50 fee can be waived.

The best I can tell, there are no dispensaries open in Massachusetts yet. I think that there may be one in Dracut but they are "delivery only" and the medicine is $450 an ounce. Ouch!

I have been told that PatriotCare will be opening their three dispensaries (Boston, Lowell and Greenfield) by November. I hope that is true. We'll see.

Just a quick update. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has started issuing plastic, photo ID's for people enrolled in their "Medical Use of Marijuana Program". As of January 1st, 2015, the doctor's letter was no longer accepted as proof of membership. You need to go through the DPH process and they charge $50 for the card. If there is financial hardship, the $50 fee can be waived.

The best I can tell, there are no dispensaries open in Massachusetts yet. I think that there may be one in Dracut but they are "delivery only" and the medicine is $450 an ounce. Ouch!

I have been told that PatriotCare will be opening their three dispensaries (Boston, Lowell and Greenfield) by November. I hope that is true. We'll see.

Good info, thanks. I'm waiting on my card. Paid the 50 pesos, after bending ova and coughing for the doc,, oh wait wrong appointment,,, but,, they must be busy. 450 an oz, huh. Sounds like rape, and I bet it isn't washed product.....

Just got my doctor to certify me and paid the state my $50. Waiting on official confirmation back.

I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Seems like I need to find a caregiver to access my medicine. It also seems like that a caregiver can only have one patient. On Leafly.com it seems like there are many places which will deliver to your door as long as you have ID and an official MA MMJ card.

Is that the best way to go? Some of these "Dispensaries/Collectives/Delivery Services" offer variety packs at a reasonable cost which seems perfect for helping to figure out what strains will work best for my conditions.

Looking forward to some advice. Thx.

Congratulations on your new Medical Marijuana card JiggyJack. Let's just hope some dispensaries open up this year! It is my understanding that as long as there are no dispensaries in your county selling MM, that you are allowed to grow up to 10 ounces (if that is what your doctor recommended as a 60 day supply) of MM. Furthermore, that 10 ounce allowance is strictly bud. "They" aren't supposed to measure leaves, stems, seeds or roots as part of the allowed 10 ounces. Sorry I can't help you with info about caregivers. Not sure how that works. But if you live near a place that will deliver variety packs at reasonable prices, I'd say go for it. And then let us know how it went.

That's good info, Todd. Do you know where I can find official paper or link to that 10oz rule?

Hey Jiggy,, congrats on getting your card. I have not used one of those places. I'm curious myself, everything still appears to be a bit murky to me. I recently heard of another service called jane mass, all one word, just add the dot com. They are a spin off of Jane Maine. Good luck!!

Thanks MassMedMan. I'll check out Jane Mass. Looks like the try to make it easy to connect with a caregiver which would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom