Measuring Bud Moisture Content: Dry Through Cure

angelass

I'm not satisfied the measurements I get using my wood moisture meter. Measurements are inconsistent - they vary considerably depending on how hard you press the probes into the bud.

Any suggestions on monitoring the drying & curing processes & bud moisture content are welcome. Thanks.

Most folks use the little temperature and hydrometer/ humidity gauge that fits inside a the jar (or whatever you curing in), some are round some are rectangular stick kind of thing (used for cigars and stuff).

Thanks Monk, got all that covered; it's all good for monitoring ambient RH.
Guess I wasn't clear enough... I would like to monitor the moisture content of buds themselves, not the immediate environment (I believe it's usually running between ~15% thru 8% during late stage dry through cure).

Not aware of anyone that tries to measure that, as like you said hard to get a consistent reading. Folks find the RH of the cured product that is their preference and go by that, many go the 62% but personally I like it a bit drier and aim for the 58-60% range, as once you get the RH in the jar stable the buds are pretty uniform in "dryness".

Back
Top Bottom