Measuring Light Intensity App

Elevated Lighting Company

Hey 420 Mag Members!

I tend to stay away from this forum because I do not want to spam. However, I would like to share my findings on a phone app called "PPFD Meter" on the google app store. There is a similar one on the Apple store. Both should be "free". We have measured it against an Apogee 620 meter. We found that the app is reasonable to measure with. We found that you need to bump up your final measures with the App by about 10% with our lighting. If your lighting range is outside 400-700nm, the 10% bump should work for you too.

Lastly, use at your own risk. Just sharing because some growers find it useful.

Happy Growing!

Justin

Hey 420 Mag Members!

I tend to stay away from this forum because I do not want to spam. However, I would like to share my findings on a phone app called "PPFD Meter" on the google app store. There is a similar one on the Apple store. Both should be "free". We have measured it against an Apogee 620 meter. We found that the app is reasonable to measure with. We found that you need to bump up your final measures with the App by about 10% with our lighting. If your lighting range is outside 400-700nm, the 10% bump should work for you too.

Lastly, use at your own risk. Just sharing because some growers find it useful.

Happy Growing!

Justin
I love that app! I run all around the house seeing what the numbers are everywhere! It wild how it won’t register blurples! Weird!

Mine is called lux light meter...
45B10C87-2579-4DD9-84A8-FBBBA89155C8.png
4E8A4A9B-960F-4D81-844A-D8204CA23795.png
lol that first picture had like zero info in it for you. Maybe this one will help...

I haven’t been able to find which app you mean based on that name. No such name in the app store. @Enjoil do you know the developer name?
Here is what it looks like on my phone. I'll try and find it again.

Screenshot_20210407-162407_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks. I saw that one on the google store but that developer doesn’t seem to have anything on the app store. I’ve had various light meter apps but they never seem to work all that well. But then I suppose I’d have to buy a real light meter to test them :laughtwo:

I am using Photometer pro. Has both a free and a paid (cheap) version. I compared my light to the test results published by a reputable site on the web and it comes out close. You have to play with what type of light you are telling it you have and there are reasonably regular updates.

Downloaded and will be comparing it to the Photone app that is only for iOS right now. Thanks for sharing the info @Budget LED That's the right kind of spamming in my book!
:passitleft:
Thank you for being a sponsor BTW!
:high-five:

Downloaded and will be comparing it to the Photone app that is only for iOS right now. Thanks for sharing the info @Budget LED That's the right kind of spamming in my book!
:passitleft:
Thank you for being a sponsor BTW!
:high-five:
Not a problem. I figured if growers can get a use out of it and have better grows because of it, then its worth it.

I use it time to time if I forget to grab my par meter from the shop.

Back
Top Bottom