Metal halide conversion bulbs

Kush Killer

So I recently purchased a growbright mh cnversion bulb, have had it up and running now for 2 weeks this morning I find out my bulb went bad... so much for 20k hrs of use... my question is I obvioulsy need 2 replace the bulb.. but what are some good bulbs or recommended bulbs? Am lookin @ the ushio bulbs.. but damn they pricey!! 90bux for a 40 watter..

Sorry for the really late reply- never saw this till now. I found the Philips Retro CMH bulbs (ceramic metal halide - works only in a HPS magnetic ballast setup) and I like 'em.

If your using a 400w setup...I also would recommend the Phillips Retro white CMH bulb.... just make sure that you order the correct one...these bulbs can only be mounted one way...either vertically or horizontally and they make a bulb for each position... This bulb will give you a good amount of blue and read, with UV and IR as well...very similar to sunlight spectrum...much cheaper than other brands... they only run in magnetic HPS ballasts though!!

I also would suggest the Ushio Conversion MH...for veg only... The Ushio has one of the highest outputs that I found for the blue end of the spectrum, and a pretty damn good red side as well. I would highly recommend the Ushio for strictly veg, or for use in combo with a HPS for flower..... there almost double the price of the CMH though and you most likely will get better results out of the CMH...

I've used the Ushio 2x and had great results...I just picked up a CMH and still testing the waters with it..

Back
Top Bottom