Grow medium: High Mineral Soil
Favorite strain: Land races
Favorite edible: Anything using oil
Favorite team/sport/university:
Hobbies: Hunting/Gold Prospecting/Gardening

I am a Mi caregiver.

:ciao:

Very cool so many michiganders!

Glad to see everyone coming over to chat! Lots of great knowledge to be shared in here.

I heard we are getting high winds today and tomorrow. I hope I don't loose any power if not I will be screwed since I am on vacation.. :confused: drawbacks of a hydro set up I guess.

Hash bash in Ann arbor is 4/6 and will probably plan on going this year and light it up! First year legal!

@Icetech that sucks! I am crossing my fingers we don't have a power outage. So far so good, camera feed = power :)

Sure, why not? First time grower as of 12/6/18. Yay, Michigan!!

MI area: Livingston/W. Oakland county area
Grow set up: Indoor basement
Grow medium: RDWC
Favorite strain: Silver Valley OG
Favorite edible: Don't really care for edibles.
Favorite team/sport/university: Go Blue!
Hobbies: Motorcycles, Guns, Wine, Snowboarding, too many to count.

Working towards my goal of mastering mechanical extraction of fresh frozen ice hash to make live rosin, THCA crystals.
6+ weeks into my first grow. 1st gen still in Veg, 2nd gen is in the clone tent.

Interesting goal. I have started to look into what to do with what I will get for shake and popcorn on this grow. Are you going diy press or looking into off the shelf options? I looked at ethanol extraction too but seems a bit on the dangerous side if not done correctly

Holy cow! That's cold and windy for sure. My nerdy self is happy to see all that data :)

Granite Island weather station is about 5 miles offshore, here's some downtown data, will see tomorrow how much today's snow total will be, I think over 2 ft in most places, maybe over 3 in the western parts.

Today's Max Wind: 46 mph at 7:56 PM
Today's Low Wind Chill: -3.4° at 8:52 PM
Today's Snowfall: 8.1 in at 02:05 PM
Yesterday's Snowfall: 3.3 in
Seasonal Snow Total: 107.1 in
Sunrise: 7:38 AM | Sunset: 6:27 PM

Today's High: 30.0° at 10:01 AM
Today's Low: 15.0° at 08:55 PM
Yesterday's High: 31.0° at 03:54 PM
Yesterday's Low: 23.9° at 12:11 AM
High since 6AM: 30.0° at 10:01 AM
Low since 6PM: 15.0° at 08:55 PM

Normal High: 30°
Normal Low: 16°
Record High: 47° (1971)
Record Low: -18° (1889)

God i hate this weather.. have water getting into my basement.. i think my weeping tile is clogged but i can't get a snake around far enough to clear it :( Used a camera on the snake to help.. but it's just too far.. stress...
Mine too. There's a corner between the house and garage that catches too much water and gets my flower side wet.

Interesting goal. I have started to look into what to do with what I will get for shake and popcorn on this grow. Are you going diy press or looking into off the shelf options? I looked at ethanol extraction too but seems a bit on the dangerous side if not done correctly

I do ethanol extractions slightly less dangerous than butane as far as solvents go. If I can ever get enough $$ around I'll pick up plates for the shop press or maybe grab the new 10ton portable from dabpress.

Yeah.. mine is along my back wall of my basement at the base, which means clogged weeping tile :( and no way to fix it... just waiting for the house to turn into a moldy death trap.. :)

QUOTE="TurboBucket, post: 4353205, member: 274105"]
Mine too. There's a corner between the house and garage that catches too much water and gets my flower side wet.

I do ethanol extractions slightly less dangerous than butane as far as solvents go. If I can ever get enough $$ around I'll pick up plates for the shop press or maybe grab the new 10ton portable from dabpress.
[/QUOTE]

Oh this sounds right up my alley! I want to get some material to vape and edibles so ethanol extraction may be the route. Have you ever heard of the source turbo from extract craft? I found their site while doing some research.That thing can do ethanol and seems to recycle it so it lasts longer. Are you doing diy ethanol?

Oh this sounds right up my alley! I want to get some material to vape and edibles so ethanol extraction may be the route. Have you ever heard of the source turbo from extract craft? I found their site while doing some research.That thing can do ethanol and seems to recycle it so it lasts longer. Are you doing diy ethanol?

I have yes. I looked into it a little bit. Pretty neat rigs.

I do make some ethanol extractions now but they're too dirty for anything besides a dab rig. That's why I want a press setup. Much safer, no solvent, cleaner product.

Dro, thanks for starting this one.

MI area: Livingston County
Grow set up: : Indoor 3x2 tent
Grow medium: soil
Favorite strain: sativa
Favorite edible: brownies & gummies

I noticed there are a few more forums for MI growers but haven't looked at them yet - see Parnelli's white widow for pix

MI area: Western Lakeshore
Grow set up: 12'x13'
Grow medium: soil, moving to RDWC next harvest
Favorite strain: Northern Lights
Favorite edible: pistachio banana bread
Favorite team/sport/university: N/A. I dont pay for cable, seems a waste.
Hobbies: Culinary arts, horticulture, and local music.

I've got 11 plants in soil right now, 2400w light setup (1000w x2 / 400w between them) flowering for 2 weeks now.

Next harvest I am converting to RDWC.

check out my grow journal for more info!

Welcome @BlackSheep138 ! Those plants look great! What's the main reason you are moving to RDWC? I am currently doing juts DWC and I am looking to move to a recirculating dwc set up so feeds can be made easier. Just concerned how I will handle different strains needs within the same grow.

Back
Top Bottom