MidWest Grows It All. First grow CFL Bagseed

MidWestBuds

Well its time for me to grow something in South Dakota other than corn.:rollit:

What strain is it? Bag seed. 3 different types from 3 different bags.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg for another week then flower. Light schedule is 20/4 for veg right now. Flower will be 12/12
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. Closet grow with DIY Box 5x3x2
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Organic farm mix
If soil... What size pot? 1 ½ gallon
Size of light? 6 x 26w and 2 x 42 w for a total of 16,000 lumens
Is it aircooled? Yes. I have 2 120mm pc fans for intake and 1 80mm pc fan for exhaust.
Temp of Room/cab? 82F day and 71F night
Any Pests ? None so far.
How often are you watering? 4 day cycle
Type and strength of ferts used? organic Big Bloom Mix 10-15-10 and blood meal 1-1-5
number of plants. 3.

Well to start us off ill catch you up to where I am right now in the grow. I germed 4 seeds to start using a method of placing them in water in a dark warm area for 24 to 36 hours then placed them in soil in dixie cups and put them under 24/0 light schedule starting on Monday October 5th 2009. 2 of the 4 sprouted within 24 hours of going in the soil, the other 2 I let go for a few more days and nothing happened so I took their cups out of the box and placed them on top of it and walked away. When I checked the box the next day one of the seeds that didnt sprout before was stretching for any light it could find so I placed it in the box (she is later code named Lilly). I had a slight PH problem in the first week of the grow if you look at the very bottom leaves of some of the plants you can see the damage that was caused but I have since fixed that problem and the new growth is very green and healthy looking. After Re potting the ladies into their new homes they really started to grow. On day 30 of the veg cycle I went to check the ladies and found a little surprise, remember when I said I germed 4 seeds? Well when I re potted the 3 plants into their homes I dumped the dirt from that last seeds cup in with my biggest plant (Code named Jane) and to my surprise 30 days after being put in dirt it sprouted in Janes pot. So I re planted it in another Dixie cup and named her Mary since she grew up with Jane ;). They are now on Day 31 of veg cycle but the pictures are from a few days back. So without further ado......

My Ghetto box I know it sucks but it was cheap and it works. This picture is from 10/30/09 Day 26 of veg
Box19.jpg

And here it is on 11/3/09 Day 30 of veg From left to right: Jane, Lilly, Alice, and Mary the seedling.
Box32.jpg

canopy view day 30 of veg
Box71.jpg

Now plant intros
First up is Jane day 26 of veg
jane6.jpg

jane11.jpg

Some day 30 of veg
jane22.jpg

jane51.jpg

jane41.jpg

Next up is Lilly day 26 of veg
Lilly1.jpg

Lilly11.jpg

Day 30 of veg
Lilly3.jpg

Lilly6.jpg

Lilly6.jpg

Lilly5.jpg

Next up is Alice day 26 of veg
Alice.jpg

Alice1.jpg

Day 30 of veg
Alice3.jpg

Alice6.jpg

Alice5.jpg

Lastly Mary day 1 of veg lol
Mary6.jpg

Mary11.jpg

Also made 2 DIY Co2 Generators today 11/4/09. Very easy and cheap to make all you need is: 2 liter bottle, rubber/plastic tubing, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of dry active yeast. Step 1 drill hole in lid of 2 liter bottle 2. seal around the tube after sticking it through the cap (usually with caulk or in this case i used glue from a hot glue gun. it works) 3.fill 2 liter with 3/4 cup of sugar 1 tsp of yeast and fill with water leaving enough room at the top of the 2 liter for the Co2 to build up and shake well 4. poke holes in the tubing and hang above plants so that the Co2 will leak out and down on to the plants. Re fill 2 liter every 2 weeks for best results :yummy:
DIY_Co2_1.jpg

Well that is it for today. Will be updating every few days with pictures and will most likely be switching to 12/12 on Tuesday November 10th. Any advice or feed back is definitely welcomed. Oh and Thanks to any and all of you that decided to join me on my first grow.

There is nothing that sucks about your grow box at all!! It all looks like you have got it worked out and thumbs up for posting your grow for us all here!!

Hey everyone thanks for checkin out my grow :thanks:

As for the Christmas lights is a funny story. I came home from work one day to find that my girlfriend had an idea to help out my grow box she had been reading about LED's online and ran out to buy LED Christmas lights to hang in my box for me thinking they really help lol I just didnt have the heart to tell her it wouldn't but I have since then convinced her they arent working and have now removed them from the box. Will be updating with more pictures tomorrow.

Those plants are looking good, my friend. Looks like you got yourself some nice indica! :grinjoint:

In regards to your grow box design, you say you have two 120mm fans as intake, and one 80mm fan for exhaust? Unless I'm mistaken, you should really think about reversing the order of that. From what I've read, exhaust should always exceed intake, otherwise the pressure inside of the cabinet will exceed the pressure outside, and that will push air out of the cab all willy-nilly, taking with it any odors (which is a verifiable Bad Thing).

Other than that, it looks terrific sir!

Those plants are looking good, my friend. Looks like you got yourself some nice indica! :grinjoint:

In regards to your grow box design, you say you have two 120mm fans as intake, and one 80mm fan for exhaust? Unless I'm mistaken, you should really think about reversing the order of that. From what I've read, exhaust should always exceed intake, otherwise the pressure inside of the cabinet will exceed the pressure outside, and that will push air out of the cab all willy-nilly, taking with it any odors (which is a verifiable Bad Thing).

Other than that, it looks terrific sir!

Thank you for the advice sir I will get right on that. This is my first grow so i always appreciate advice:thanks:

Well quick update for the girls. There are starting to get their branches forming and bush out more i will be switching them to 12/12 on Monday after a 24hrs of darkness on sunday. Start feeding them their nutes today will be posting pictures later tonight. But for now gonna go finish up with the girls and then time to smoke a bowl :roorrip:

:nicethread:MidWestBuds,

Your girls look similar to mine. I have 4 girls that I put into flower 2 days ago. I had them in 6" containers and replanted them to 8 gallon buckets, they were very root bound. I'm new at growing, but I would suggest bigger containers. I will be enthusiastically following your grow.:cheer:

Thank you Obliviconsent Ill check into new pots see what I can Find that will fit in this space it is very small. Sorry for the late pic update had some issues with the computer loading the pics but here we go just a few updates I tried taking a clone from Jane and I also topped Lilly(not pictured). But without further ado here are a few pics of the girls on day 33

Jane
jane7.jpg

Alice
Alice8.jpg

Lilly
Lilly8.jpg

And a group shot (the attempt at cloning is under the clear humidity dome)
Box82.jpg

I am starting their 12/12 cycle tonight the lights go off at 10 pm and on at 10 am. Will update with new pics a few days into flower stay tuned and as always :thanks: for stopping by.

Alright everyone quick update on the plants they are looking really good they are now 4 days into flower have been on 12/12 lighting and I am going to be repotting them into 5 gallon buckets today and will be adding another light hanger with 8 more bulbs tonight and 2 2ft long Floro tubes for a total of 30,000 lumens and 488 watts. They should be loving it will post pictures later tonight.

Ok sorry for the late update but its been crazy busy at work. Anyways here we go we are now on day 6 of flower and I have re potted all the girls into 5 gallon buckets and I put Mary in the 1.5 gallon pot I have added another hanger of lights there are now 14 26w cfls, 2 42w cfls, and 2 20w floros for a total of 488w and 30,000 lumens and a day after the re pot they are lovin life and Alice is starting to show her pistils anyways lets hope for 2 more girls keep your fingers crossed for me. The pictures below are from day 5 of flower.

First the Closet
Closet_Revamp.jpg

Closet_Revamp1.jpg

Next we have Jane day 5 flower
Jane9.jpg

Jane8.jpg

Next up is Lilly day 5 of flower
Lilly111.jpg

Lilly9.jpg

Next is Alice day 5 flower
Alice9.jpg

Alice10.jpg

Alice showing us her pistils:cool:
Alice11.jpg

Last we have Mary day 5 of 12/12
Mary22.jpg

Mary32.jpg

Thank you everyone for checking out my grow any tips advice or feedback is always welcome. Ill leave you with one last shot of the girls.
Closet_Revamp2.jpg

Ok a quick update for anyone that is following this thread. Lilly sadly turned out to be a Larry so I had to chop him down:rip: but on the up side Alice and Jane are both girls and are starting to love their new 5 gallon pots. Jane has gotten alot bigger over the last few days and is just starting to show her pistils they are on day 10 of 12/12. I put 3 more seeds in the dirt today waiting to see what happens with them and Mary is doing just fine green and healthy. Ill be posting a picture update up later today but for now its time for work.

Ok well here are the pictures from day 10 of flower.......................

Jane is up first
Jane12.jpg

Jane111.jpg

Jane10.jpg

Then we have Alice
Alice14.jpg

Alice13.jpg

Alice12.jpg

Lastly Mary
Mary41.jpg

Mary52.jpg

Well thats all for now everyone will be updating next time anything happens keep your fingers crossed for more girls for me. Thank you all and enjoy your day.
Group111.jpg

Group29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom