Might be a problem: link to grow journal.

LilManBudz

hey guys, 2nd tim grower trying SCROG (first grow was years ago and too hot and havested early because of spidermites)
anyway details are in the journal, you really only need to look at the last couple of posts, the last one is all the pics in a row.
I nicked my plant a couple of days ago and the new growth is a little deformed, I think the new NEW growth is normal though so I think the weird and slow growing leaves are just cause i nicked them before they actually grew.

any advice? I am thinking just wait for the new growth to see what the go is.
also I moved my 250w HPS up higher as I want to encourage stretch up to my SCROG screen. it is about 3 foot up there now, too far away? really any advice would be great.

Amateur - Trying Small Tent DP White Widow Fem

well i just dropped the light a few hrs ago and put in another fan to circulate the top of the cabinet above the light and the temp seems to be stable at about 26c and 67% humidity
It does vary a little I can't help that. but it seems to stay between about 25-28c lights on 40-70% humid (the evap cooler helps keep that around 60-70%) and sits around 40-60% humid and about 18-20c lights off.
it varies but only slowly over the course of the lights on period, night is pretty solid as it is 10am-3pm lights off.
Was i right so swap out for the HPS early? Almost all the photos on here i see have plants with about an inch between the nodes, I have an inch high plant with like 4 nodes!

and I just noticed today that I am already getting side shoots from all the nodes! lil tiny leaves which are about as big as the smallest growing tip and getting bigger! It's gonna look like one of those Jewish candelabras before I even get to the screen and without topping or training at this rate!

I am using a homemade soil composed of about 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 succulent mix potting mix from bunnings. it had some slow release ferts in it so I only used a few handfulls really and coated the botom of the pot with it lightly. I also added a pack of long fiber sphagnum at the start but most of it floated to the top and started to go green so the stuff on top at least has been removed.

The pot is about 30cm diameter and 30cm tall not sure the volume but it's not small. looks about the size of the pots on youtube of other scrogs.
I pre-wet the soil with a drop (literally) of AN Jungle juice 2 part plus a drop of seasol and the seasol growth booster to about 4 litres of water which soaked the soil and about half filled the tray under the pot.
this soaked back in or evaporated over the next week and the put was getting dry again before I planted the sprout so I re-wet with 2 lt of fresh water.
This re-filled the bottom pot to about the same level as before. this evapped over about a week with the lights on but there was a little too much moistier in the soil I think because she wilted a little for a day till the light made it nice for her.
Since then I have only watered once with 2lt of once again a drop each of the AN plus seasol but to 2 lt of water this time which seems to have soaked the medium but not leaked much if any out the bottom of the pot, I waited till the top few inches of medium where dry, I also have a moisture/ph meter If i didn't mention it. I tried to get all the water around the centre of the pot as I hear the roots are usually about as big as in circumference as the plant's leaves. not sure on that one but why waste water on the outside of the pot this early? it seems to have soaked in anyway all the way out (probably the residual sphagnum) and the soil has been slowly drying back out for a couple of days now, though I did give it a small top up right near the stem with fresh water as I was worried about overferting, but that was only like 100ml to dilute what was closest to the stem.

My grow journal has more info if you can be arsed reading the essays... I type quicker than I read i reckon!

is THIS normal for a 2 week old seedling?
IMG_0219_1_1.JPG

EDIT: also, does this mean I am officially in veg stage? cause she is only 2 inches tall!!?!??

These look good they r not vegging tho,as stated u did right by the lights lowering them. I think u kinda bored relax an let em do they thang if that is two weeks veg stages r at least 4 weeks away give em time now or u will wish u had.

Cheers, yeah I'm sweating less and less now that I finally see some VERTICAL growth! she is put on about an inch in 24 hrs! YAY!
will post pix later in the journal thread. Probably won't post here much now.
Thanks for the advice though.

That's some good growth, well done. At that rate she will be a foot tall in less than a month

Back
Top Bottom