MILF Pics

mmclient

MILF (Mother I'd Like Forever, Sorry)
The few comments left in the grow journal have mostly been regarding Mom. Although the series starts with Mom ready to give her first batch of clones, it doesn't detail the steps necessary to form her, but all it takes is a game plan along with some basic bonsai gardening techniques. There are still 4-5 more weeks until she's ready to give again so, if you're interested, keep tabs. Here are a couple pics with more to come.

Ready to start
IMG_27541.JPG

Clean-up prune
IMG_27691.JPG

Wk. 1 recovery
IMG_28102.JPG

Wk. 2 recovery
IMG_29361.JPG

Wk. 3 recovery
IMG_29531.JPG

Wk. 4 (currently)
IMG_3014.JPG

There are still 4-5 weeks until she'll be called on to give again. Stay tuned.

That thing is one gnarly badass plant! I have never seen such A thick steam or in this case a tree trunk!

I was under the impression once a plant have done its cycle its effectively shot and has out of the ability to continually renew itself. Obviously from these pictures my assumptions are dead wrong. How old is this plant and whats the secret of making it so resilient and hardy? What kind of light setup do you have and wattage and also what kind of nutrients?

Jaynseattle,

As long as the plant doesn't flower it should be able to produce clones indefinitely. 18/6 lighting works well but, really, just don't let it go 12/12. The Bloombox uses a CFL in the veg chamber and, as for nutrients, a weakish mix of AN Grow A/B and a little B-52 is all that's necessary. If you Google 'bonsai mum cannabis' you'll get to an article which details steps needed early on to form her. This one's about 5 months old having produced clones only once before. Hope this helps.

That thing is one gnarly badass plant! I have never seen such A thick steam or in this case a tree trunk!

Agreed beautiful gardening! btw what strain is this beauty?

I was under the impression once a plant have done its cycle its effectively shot and has out of the ability to continually renew itself. Obviously from these pictures my assumptions are dead wrong. How old is this plant and whats the secret of making it so resilient and hardy? What kind of light setup do you have and wattage and also what kind of nutrients?

I wanted to add that even after 12 weeks of flowering Marijuana can be re-vegged to make clones or flower again. When cutting for harvest you must leave a good deal of buds and plant material alone and the buds will veg out and grow into little bushes with many sprouts coming out of the old bud. This process happens over time and the medium must be flushed thoroughly. I have several strains re-vegging now that look like they never flowered and have friends that have been doing this regularly for years without loss of THC, trich's, and odor. One buddy re-vegged all winter putting small bushes outside in the spring that turned into small trees.
These plants had wooden stems that were 4" in diameter by August and harvested about 1-2lbs per plant dry still leaving 1/3 on the vine to re-veg again for clones and next summer. I know it sounds crazy but if I did not see it, and do it, I would not have believed an annual could withstand this let alone be productive.
I have also read of some breeders doing this and then herming out the plant to create feminized seed from exquisite specimens. Remember when growing from seed you never know what the flowering will result in and sometimes you just have to keep the pheno or strain.

Wingman420,

It's White Rhino, which is really the only strain I've ever tried, since starting from scratch it seemed like a good way to at least keep one variable constant. This helped when it came to determining the optimal time for vegging, and also just when/what/where to selectively prune, in order to get the size under control during flowering (the first couple grows went up into the light cover and were real pains in the arse). To be honest, it ended up being good luck, since all that was taken into consideration were the medicinal benefits as expressed by the supposed THC levels. Only after growing for awhile did it become apparent the basic 60/40 indica/sativa split produced a manageable size and, as a bonus, is borderline narcotic. Perhaps it'll be time soon to try some others from seed.

A couple last pics showing her final cut-back starting point
IMG_34093.JPG

Turned 90 degrees
IMG_33931.JPG

Now that she's about ideal it's time for the next project, namely, welcoming her more uplifting cousin, White Widow. Since a second mom is coming it requires growing another, identical, Rhino to complement Widow. It's probably going to end with two X-style moms with identical square dimensions. Hopefully, in six months, we'll have the option to get either really stoned with Rhino or really high with Widow. Yes, it'll be sad to see current mom put out to pasture. Unless, of course, it's early next summer.

Hi All,

Plans call for an additional White Widow mum (WW1) to complement the current White Rhino mum (WR3). Since the current WR3 is grown specifically to fit the limited space afforded in the Bloombox, using an additional mum will require a new 'squarish' WR4, to fit side by side with the future 'squarish' WW1. Considering how healthy WR3 is, it's a shame to just discard her, so after some sampling of the last harvest, this idea surfaced.
With the new WR4 under way it won't be long before they're not going to fit side by side. WR3 is usually good for up to 20 clones so, if the tallest 6 or so clones are taken, leaving WR3 an almost complete complement of kids, why not flower her too? The rectangular shape could fit one of two ways in the flowering side, leaving two rows of three, for a total of six vegged seedlings and one almost super mum.
A while back, when the original WR1 grew too tall, and WR2 was safely underway, WR1 was transplanted outside to see what happens. Holy sh*t, a monster was born, which ultimately yielded 1.5 lbs. It lacked any defined colas, and was a pain to process, but wow. Obviously, flowering WR3 in the Bloombox should yield far less, but still.
Transplanting WR3 from a dedicated pot using Coco brick will require removing her and rinsing off the huge root ball then wrangling her in the center hole with the six kids on the sides. The height difference may necessitate some sort of SCROG box to be built over mum in order to avoid the dreaded 'too tall' syndrome.
So, does any of this make sense? Any issues, other than those mentioned, to consider? Thanks in advance.

OK, now MILF means mother I'd like to flower, considering the latest hair-brained idea. As explained in the previous post, WR III is being replaced. Instead of harvesting one last batch of clones then discarding her what about flowering the whole mom? Rhetorical question since it's already underway. The first step was to give her a 'flowering prune' consisting of trimming most of the non-flowering, dense, undergrowth, leaving 14-15 main feeders each of which contains at least one well developed head. Added to the unknown will be removing her from a stand alone container, rinsing the coco off the root ball, and placing the whole thing, alone, in the center of the hydro tub. Given her dimensions it'll look weird but it should be fun. Stay tuned for a new thread and pics.

Back
Top Bottom