Million dollar question to save baby plants: Rust/fungi, pH issue, nutrient issue, or light issue? Thanks in advance!

there is no chloramine in the water i use, as I previously stated. So what use is vitamin C in regard to MY particular post? Sounds like you guys are just having a pissing match about chemistry, rather than helping my ignorant ass with actual recommendations for practical remedies.

I just said a cal-mag product has the correct ratios you need. Also just pointed out that you gave the plants a massive overdose of mag. He gave you a ton of good advice as well. We started discussing the other subject before you made a clarification on your situation.

The epsom salt was added this week as a possible remedy to nute lockout, but you guys are saying there was no nute lockout. If anything nute burn. But to clarify, you think I should now add cal/mag supplement to this new soil?

Also, I have read conflicting reports in regard to epsom. Many say 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Others say 1 teaspoon.

Also, I have read conflicting reports in regard to epsom. Many say 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Others say 1 teaspoon.
Yes, and many Growers also grow with synthetic nutrients that are chelated so the plant can up take them nutrients at almost any pH level. You are growing in organic soil so things need to stay in balance. Always go on the lighter side and adjust according to what your plant tells you, not what you think the plant needs. Adding a small dose of a bottled cal-mag product with every feeding and every watering will not hurt you but ensure there is no deficiency of calcium or magnesium when those nutrients will really matter. Again, don't go overboard but stay on the lighter side of a dosage and if your plant needs more it will tell you. Your plants are in no way showing a calcium or magnesium deficiency right now. I would still tend to add a small dose with every food and watering but only somewhere around 1/4 teaspoons per gallon at this point. Your plants are still very small and do not require much if anything at all. Your soil is still absolutely loaded with nutrition all the way around. As your plants get about 10 times the size that they are now, you may want to increase that to a teaspoon per gallon or so.

Back
Top Bottom