Minimum ventilation required?

oh hai

I've read so much about ventilation on the internet, found calculators, recommendations, etc... I see a lot of talk about minimum figures, and heat dissipation, but what is the minimum the plant needs if heat isn't a problem and you want to keep humidity in the tent?

I'm growing in a dry environment. I have a 4x4x7 tent with a CLW880, 200 CFM Phresh carbon filter, and 160CFM exhaust fan hooked up to a variac. I have two Exhale CO2 bags in the tent. There is a humidifier in the tent.

The slower I run my exhaust fan, the more desirable the temperatures and humidity levels become. How low can I go without hurting a plant or slowing growth? What am I actually looking for? Depleted Co2 levels? I want to run as low as I can to create negative pressure in the tent, and no more if possible.

To me it appears most people are venting more than what the plant needs only to maintain temp, is this correct?

I've read about people running a similar sized fan and tent, and they're running their fans at full speed. If I do this my tent is like a vacuum with the sides all sucked in, my humidifier does nothing since it can't keep up, and my temps drop to 70 or below.

Back
Top Bottom