Mixing soiless with soil

organicweda420

420 Member
so i ran out of soiless mix, (terra canna pro)

i ended up mixing it with some standard gardening soil, something like 70% soiless 30% soil. will this cause issues? can i still water at hydro PH?

Problems can arise with pH/nutrients so keep a close eye on it; once it starts to go even slightly off course it can be very difficult to correct, but you might be ok with a 70/30 mix
If you are using hydro nutes yes, you will have to run it as hydro @5.8
i'm using Megacrop and watering at 6ph

so i ran out of soiless mix, (terra canna pro)

i ended up mixing it with some standard gardening soil, something like 70% soiless 30% soil. will this cause issues? can i still water at hydro PH?
Judging by the info on your Terra Canna Pro from the companies web site and several message threads from here and some other message boards over the last couple of years it seems that you would be shooting for a 6.0 to 6.3 pH because of the unknown "standard gardening soil". Terra Canna recommends a 6.0 pH for their particular product as it comes out of the bag. While it contains a fair amount of peat moss the company also adds compost and some other organic nutrient sources.

will this cause issues?
Hard to say. We are not familiar with your standard gardening soil and do not know what it contains. Is it clay or sand or a humus base soil. How well do other plants you have tried to grow in it do and what plants were they?

Did you mix a 50 liter bag at the new 70/30 ratio or did you do it with part of a bag and then add this new mix to the original? No matter what way you mixed it, it means a unique blend which makes it hard to tell exactly what you have until it has been used for awhile or gone through some testing.

Back
Top Bottom