Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

Gluten is wheat, barley, that kind of stuff. It's in bread and beer. Found out I was allergic to wheat about 6 months ago. Lost a ton of weight, but that's another show. :) Hated giving up the beer more than the bread.

Anyway, here's those prepubescent pics. Wow, a couple of them are really dark. HUH. Sorry. I can take more or lighten them up if needed.
3_prepuberty.JPG
Number 2's leaves are drooping, so I couldn't get any closer with my camera since my arms are only so long. :)
2_prepuberty.JPG
1_prepuberty.JPG

And, I wanted to show all of ya that all the newbies have perked up. :) Don't tell Betty, but they usually stress out after she visits.
perkier_already.JPG
Oh, crap, watering schedule. Sorry. i'm not on a real schedule because Betty usually needs to add 'just' a little everytime she visits. My goal is to let every body dry out, but uh, read above. Gosh, I hope she doesn't read this! She's really a great friend, just a big time stresser. Also, nutes. My plan, when I'm allowed to water all by myself, is to use Jacks 10-30-20 every water. 1/4 teaspoon per gallon. By the way, here is an example of my ph
ph_level1.JPG

Problem with shelves. They belong to my Gramma and cutting them is out of the question. See, I got into all this because my mom, her daughter, has MS. Gram told me a while back that I was welcome to grow in her back yard, but that's not feasible. I, uh, haven't told Gram yet what's up. Gram is 93 and may or may not remember I had permission....loose lips sink ships...It's just best all around. The plan Betty and I have is to get a successful grow under our belt, then get some good genetics that are dwarf sized. In the meantime, should Betty be giving me much smaller plants? Like 4" or something?

I had some more photographs that show the yellow streaks in the leaves and so on, but I don't know where the heck they landed. So lame!

Gotta get back to my life out of the closet. LOL! I've got roses to prune, birds to feed, food to eat. Thanks again for your input!:thanks:

The baby race is on. I'll tell you my guesses from three feet away, day one. Female, Male, Female. I hope you guys are cracking up because I've only ever in my whole life EVER seen ONE female and 4 Males. LOL! I once took a Coke vs Pepsi challenge and got them all backwards except 2. Think about that! I will make sure that I take better shots, but I believe it is too early to tell.

I'm kinda hoping that 1 is a female, because it looks like it may have been topped, doncha think? I'm picturing snipping her down so that mid-section is even with the 'arms'. Peyton, I am going to pass on the top training on. I keep getting this vivid picture of the newbies growing up the basement stairs demanding, "FEED ME!"

Aww, shoot. I meant to upload the leaf discoloration, etc, pics again. I'll end this now, then do another.

Are these bag seeds?
If so it depends on how they were pollinated. If they were hermied that's means self pollinated f+f=feminized seeds.
If they were pollinated by another male they could be 50/50.

Pretty sure that's what I read. I gow from bagseed, and my seeds came from a hermied plant and every seed I got is female so far. I popped about 100 or more before I got the hang of cloning. Still got a few hundred lol

I have a couple small questions that hopefully have short answers. First, should one water at dusk or dawn? Second, in order for me to get some quality photographs, I'm going to have to set up the studio lights and take these guys out of the cab. Will it hurt the little buggers to be in the wrong light for half hour tops. NOT after dusk, of course.

1's yellow streaks and tips. These are mid-low on the plant.
1_yellow_streaks.JPG

2 had the worst case of the droops since it got here. The leaves look much longer than the others. Stumped, I noticed that color might be a little iffy to reproduce, but 2 just looked much lighter green than the rest when on May 4th. I don't notice it so much now? Could be used to it?
2_light_green.JPG
2_again.JPG

Although 3 has been the perkiest of all the new plants, the leaves are still curling under. Problem, no? My guess, and I'll go out on a limb here, that it is overwatering damage. Remember me, the expert on Pepsi. Regardless, 3 and Larry A are getting watered tomorrow. Planing to check PHC on the way out as well as in. And get an idea of how much water didn't come out.
3_plant1.JPG
3_plant1.JPG

You know, I'm just sitting back, packing my at peace pipe, when it dawned on me my big scary monster will be that we'll SUCCEED TOO MUCH. Modest and humble, that's me. If these babies all turn out to be girls, I'm going to have to learn bonzia real quick!

I'm going to break the news gently that we might be growing monsters, so topping and training is on the agenda. Hey, sorry, just thought of another question. Is there a ratio to grow rooms and pots and plants? Sorry, I'm asking something like math, but say you have a flowering cab that is exactly the same size as I have. If the tallest I want my girls to grow, is, say, 10-12 inches, is a 4x4x5 inch pot the right size and how tall should the plant be when they leave veg?

Any rule of thumb? Like with mashed potatoes: use one for every person plus one for the pot.

Peace and groove:circle-of-love:

First. Dawn
Second. Nope won't hurt the plants unless you plan on touching the lights to the plants lol.
Third. Nute burn. Flush and back off the nutes a tad.

Light green. You should be able to still notice it contrast to another plant. Pretty sure that's nitrogen def. And you could have corrected it since you got it.

My guess would be over or under watering. Hard to determine the difference if the soil isn't obvisouly overly dry or wet.

Grow space question. Your plants will at least double in height when you flip to 12/12. So just consider that and it should answer your question. plant height @ beginning of 12/12 * 2.5 + distance from bulb to plants + pot height + light height = size of your box. Lol I think that is what you were asking hahahah.

Tried to make it short, then it became longwinded lol sorry

Cheers

First. Dawn
Second. Nope won't hurt the plants unless you plan on touching the lights to the plants lol.
Third. Nute burn. Flush and back off the nutes a tad.

Light green. You should be able to still notice it contrast to another plant. Pretty sure that's nitrogen def. And you could have corrected it since you got it.

My guess would be over or under watering. Hard to determine the difference if the soil isn't obvisouly overly dry or wet.

Grow space question. Your plants will at least double in height when you flip to 12/12. So just consider that and it should answer your question. plant height @ beginning of 12/12 * 2.5 + distance from bulb to plants + pot height + light height = size of your box. Lol I think that is what you were asking hahahah.

Tried to make it short, then it became longwinded lol sorry

Cheers

This is my first reply with a quote. Dawn. Good. However, we have dawn set up at 8 am and I don't get out of bed until 10. :) I can set my alarm in the future, if nec. I'd like to have 12-12 be 10a-10p. Can I change it now?

You know what, and this is the silliest thing. I wasn't taking into account + the pot! Little goofy thing, but there you go. I passed this on to Betty.

This is my first reply with a quote. Dawn. Good. However, we have dawn set up at 8 am and I don't get out of bed until 10. :) I can set my alarm in the future, if nec. I'd like to have 12-12 be 10a-10p. Can I change it now?

You know what, and this is the silliest thing. I wasn't taking into account + the pot! Little goofy thing, but there you go. I passed this on to Betty.

Lol I just learned how to post pics properly the other day so all good lol.

You don't need to water right at sunup. I water within the first 2-3 hours or lights on.

Changing light schedule might cause issues. I was told if your going to do so, extend your dark period to make it work. For example you want to go fro. 8 -8 to 10 -10. at lights out set the lights not to come back on till 10am giving them an extra 2 hours mof darkness that night. Then off at 10pm that night and away you go with new light schedule.

You are so prompt, my friend! This post actually leads right into another question. Am I being too superstitious about dark being dark? Last night Betty was over and had it in her head that the proper temp for Larry should be in the mid 50's. She put the little red fan on the shelf behind the curtain right before dark. Then, well after dark she wanted me to move the fan around. I, uh, I kinda didn't. Then don't you know the outside temps jumped to 83! Lovely for us humans, but at 11 a the temp was up in the cab to 82.

She's livid! I will apologize to her if I screwed up. Ready to eat humble pie if I am too, too superstitious.

I'm going to post this now, then I'm going to work on my journal entry that deals with watering and the temperature. Thank you! And, if I can figure out how to do it, can I make you my very first friend here? LOL! I may have lost one outside the closet.

Today is the big watering day. I ran into a problem with sudden high outside temps. It's been in the 70's and today it is a sweltering 83 degrees! I'm going to do the 'watering' thing first. Here is a picture 'before watering.'
before_watering.JPG
The whole gang is here, but out of order. Here is after watering, two hours later.
after_watering.JPG

Notes: They all got two cups of water, 7ph going in Jack's 10-30-20. Larry a spit out about a third of the water that went in. (I watered about a quarter of the container at a time.) PH coming out of Larry A was 6.5. 1 let out a third of the water, too. Ph 7 coming out. 2 only 'rejected' 1/4 of the water and had the lowest PH level at 6. Finally, 3 let 1/4 of the water go and was PH7 going out. All the dirt feels evenly moist and relatively loose.

Temp. Well, I got into a real flap when I realized the temp in the cab was 82! I lifted the curtain and put the little red fan in the back corner as seen above. After an hour the temp went back to where I'm used to seeing it,
just_small_fan_with_open_curtains.JPG
but with this heat, I think it should be lower. Not because I suddenly want to grow these things at 50 degrees, mind ya, but in these parts it's only going to get warmer as the day goes on and as Summer approaches.
big_fan.JPG

This is what I have going on now. It FEELS much cooler down there, but the temp is still at 80. So, suggestions? Should I go ahead and cover up the windows in the room, take the curtains down? Should I take the red fan off the shelf and tilt it so the air is going straight up from the cold, concrete floor?

Another thing, sorry. I was noticing that 2's lower leaves were folding in on themselves and my thought was they weren't getting enough light.
closeup_bottom_leaves_of_2.JPG
They just seem bunched up too much...

finally, I didn't set up the studio today. Sorry, meant to but here is another, I hope CLEARER shot of #2. Stumped figured we'd know in a day or two. . .
number_23.JPG
Boy? Girl? Isn't that little round thing what we don't want to see?

Lookee here, why doncha! 5 hours of light and that bunched up look is going away!
amazing_what_light_does.JPG
All due to my expertise, wonderful insight, and well, now that I say it that way, maybe it's a good thing I'm up here with all that hot air. Below is the before image I used in my previous post

Does make a pretty groovy after and before pic, doesn't it?

Lookee here, why doncha! 5 hours of light and that bunched up look is going away!
amazing_what_light_does.JPG
All due to my expertise, wonderful insight, and well, now that I say it that way, maybe it's a good thing I'm up here with all that hot air. Below is the before image I used in my previous post

Does make a pretty groovy after and before pic, doesn't it?

your post prompted me to look up time lapse video of pot growing. turn up the volume, sit back, burn a bowl and hit play...

Cannabis: Grow Time Lapse Video - YouTube

MR

I'm almost glad they don't grow like that in real time; it's kinda creepy looking them wiggling about and that also I'd imagine they'd cover a quarter of the earth's surface lol

And your glad they don't because..... Lol

Good point until the quarter of the earth part lol that would kick ass!

Edit: after watching video all I can think of is little shop of horrors hahahahahha

If i had a Seymour he'd be huge and I'd have no annoying people in my life whatsoever. almost as useful as weed lol

Back
Top Bottom