Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

Wow! That's all the space you're fitting that into? "Objects in PICS appear LARGER than they are"

I thought you had way more vertical space than me...I'm dealing with about 48" but have about the same width and length...

Awesome bro!!

:Namaste:

Hey all, it's your resident lagger here!

Thank you all for the compliments on the grow, I apologize for the lack of updates.

Things are moving along, slowly. This girl is going to take at least 10 weeks before I pull any nugs.

I had an increasingly problematic smell issue that I recently solved by buying another carbon filter and attached it to my exhaust (push through). I had to buy a large filter that doesn't fit in my small 2x2 space because the smell was that crazy. A good problem to have I suppose.

About 2-4 more weeks and I should be able to harvest part of the plant. I am going to do at least 2 harvest on her, as she is wayy to big--the lower nugs are not developing due to insufficient light.

She smells of cherry diesel fuel, quite lovely!! I have high hopes for quality and yield, these next few weeks are going to be crucial. Hopefully pictures sometime soon.

:peace:

Glad everything's going well Marley.

Cherry Diesel sounds really interesting :tokin:

Hope you can get some pics up soon... :peace:

Happy you're back, your girls must look crazy by now.

I keep reading about multiple harvests, it would be very cool to see it. I'll be paying close attention :)

Hey all, it's your resident lagger here!

Thank you all for the compliments on the grow, I apologize for the lack of updates.

Things are moving along, slowly. This girl is going to take at least 10 weeks before I pull any nugs.

I had an increasingly problematic smell issue that I recently solved by buying another carbon filter and attached it to my exhaust (push through). I had to buy a large filter that doesn't fit in my small 2x2 space because the smell was that crazy. A good problem to have I suppose.

About 2-4 more weeks and I should be able to harvest part of the plant. I am going to do at least 2 harvest on her, as she is wayy to big--the lower nugs are not developing due to insufficient light.

She smells of cherry diesel fuel, quite lovely!! I have high hopes for quality and yield, these next few weeks are going to be crucial. Hopefully pictures sometime soon.

hey Marley bro...2 harvests?? What ever do you mean?? :)

Harvest what's ready and let the rest go til their ready??

Glad everything's going well Marley.

Cherry Diesel sounds really interesting :tokin:

Hope you can get some pics up soon... :peace:

Hey BD, the smell is really nice..hopefully it sticks around after harvest! Pics this weekend, I hope. :tokin:

Happy you're back, your girls must look crazy by now.

I keep reading about multiple harvests, it would be very cool to see it. I'll be paying close attention :)

hey Marley bro...2 harvests?? What ever do you mean?? :)

Harvest what's ready and let the rest go til their ready??

Ya basically just pick the ripe ones and let the rest go. I've tried to catch up on all the info available and that's the basic gist of it.

and now for the update:

As I posted the other day that everything was going well, I went home and check on the lady later that night. I noticed what appeared to me at first to be powdery mildew. I have no experience with PM yet, so I freaked and pulled the nugs that were showing signs. I then did some research and apparently PM wipes off if you try..well my stuff won't 'wipe off'. I have no clue wtf is going on with some of my leaves.

I checked again last night and barely any issues on remaining leaves. I do have some browning of leaves on about half the plant..the half that seemed to be affected by my strange issue.

I am currently drying the nugs that were pulled, probably somewhere between 7-14g after it's done drying. These nugs will probably be harsh as they did not have any flush time. I also began my flush 2 days ago and will probably do a 'big' harvest in 2 weeks. I estimate that approx half the plant will be pulled that day, the rest will be left to mature for an unknown time (1-3 weeks?)

So that being said, she really is no longer the beautiful girl she once was. I still have high hopes for both quality and yield, hopefully this speed bump will remain only a speed bump. Excited to finish this grow and start fresh again. I will be bringing back the mod. scrogs next go around.

I hope to have a couple of plant pics and some shots of the dry nugs up by this weekend.

Take care 420! I'm going to try and get caught up on some journals today, been slowly making my way through them..it's tough when there is soo many good growers with journals I want to follow-and time is limited.

Hey BD, the smell is really nice..hopefully it sticks around after harvest! Pics this weekend, I hope. :tokin:

Ya basically just pick the ripe ones and let the rest go. I've tried to catch up on all the info available and that's the basic gist of it.

and now for the update:

As I posted the other day that everything was going well, I went home and check on the lady later that night. I noticed what appeared to me at first to be powdery mildew. I have no experience with PM yet, so I freaked and pulled the nugs that were showing signs. I then did some research and apparently PM wipes off if you try..well my stuff won't 'wipe off'. I have no clue wtf is going on with some of my leaves.

I checked again last night and barely any issues on remaining leaves. I do have some browning of leaves on about half the plant..the half that seemed to be affected by my strange issue.

I am currently drying the nugs that were pulled, probably somewhere between 7-14g after it's done drying. These nugs will probably be harsh as they did not have any flush time. I also began my flush 2 days ago and will probably do a 'big' harvest in 2 weeks. I estimate that approx half the plant will be pulled that day, the rest will be left to mature for an unknown time (1-3 weeks?)

So that being said, she really is no longer the beautiful girl she once was. I still have high hopes for both quality and yield, hopefully this speed bump will remain only a speed bump. Excited to finish this grow and start fresh again. I will be bringing back the mod. scrogs next go around.

I hope to have a couple of plant pics and some shots of the dry nugs up by this weekend.

Take care 420! I'm going to try and get caught up on some journals today, been slowly making my way through them..it's tough when there is soo many good growers with journals I want to follow-and time is limited.

Marley, do you have any pics of that PM-looking stuff? Hopefully what she lacks in beauty today she'll make up for in yield and quality! :cheer:

Marley, do you have any pics of that PM-looking stuff? Hopefully what she lacks in beauty today she'll make up for in yield and quality! :cheer:

Hey Krip no pictures as I quickly trimmed all the leaves/buds off that had it. I'm sure it will be back, w/e the f it is and I'll try and grab some shots. Luckily the grow is coming to an end here soon.

I should have some preliminary results on quality in a few days when the nugs that were pulled dry.

They were, however, pulled about a week or 2 early..hopefully they will be good and the ones to follow even better!

Marley, what up man?! This hempy is lookin great bro!! I know I'm pretty late but it looks like I'm going to catch the very end of it. Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey Marley - sorry to hear about the speedbump, but at least you're close to the finish now. Is it possible that you had some leaves sweating or dripping on other leaves? I've seen some funky stuff that freaked me out - and sometimes it's as simple as that. The moisture/nutrients sweated on a specific spot on another leaf can make it funky, especially if it's close enough to light/heat.

Anyway, anxious to see pics of the ladies when you have them.

Marley, what up man?! This hempy is lookin great bro!! I know I'm pretty late but it looks like I'm going to catch the very end of it. Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey dga welcome to my grow! I should have some nug shots up here pretty soon (soon is relative :)). Thanks for stoppin in, feel free to ask any questions, comments or suggestions!

Hey bro did you take any pics of the problem? I'd like to see them if you did, very strange.

I dug through my trash last night just for you and Krip! Found some of the leaves I had discarded and took a few shots. I'll try to get them up this evening, this weekend by the latest!

Hey Marley - sorry to hear about the speedbump, but at least you're close to the finish now. Is it possible that you had some leaves sweating or dripping on other leaves? I've seen some funky stuff that freaked me out - and sometimes it's as simple as that. The moisture/nutrients sweated on a specific spot on another leaf can make it funky, especially if it's close enough to light/heat.

Anyway, anxious to see pics of the ladies when you have them.

Hey xlr I really have no clue and maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject when I get them posted. Kind of looks like burn, but they are in weird patches..and seemed to spread relatively quickly. I definitely pushed this lady a bit too hard a couple weeks back and got some burn as a result, but this just looks a little--odd.

Ok here are the leaves, I probably should have taken them with a different background. :tokin:
Some leaves it was less obvious and the stuff on them was more white than cream colored.

P4260320.JPG

P4260321.JPG

Random nug shots, as you can see some are more mature than others. This is without the camera flash.

Day 58 12/12
P4260324.JPG

P4260325.JPG

P4260329.JPG

P4260326.JPG

P4260327.JPG

P4260328.JPG

Also just sampled some from the smallest nug I picked the other day. It was just about dry and actually smoked really well! Burnt to a nice white ash with no flush, and had a bit of smell and flavor to it.

I can safely say this is higher quality than my last grow which makes me happy, cus that's what this is all about!

Hopefully they will ripen even more in the next 2-3 weeks. :grinjoint:

Beautiful nugs and pics Marley!

Those leaves look nasty, I have no idea what that could be. Hopefully someone else does.

In any event this close to the chop you should be in good shape. Good job :bravo:

Brother, I have absolutely no idea what caused that. Excuse my medicated memory but have you foliar fed? Or Sprayed anything on them?

As far as the pics go... Simply beautiful my friend. Those calyxes are insane!

...Plus you're not smoking those leaves anyway :)

FYI...I'm not an expert in diagnosing these types of issues, but it looks like a late-stage calcium deficiency to me.

Here's an example of late-stage Calcium deficiency from the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial:

1134calcium-11.jpg

Have you been using R/O water and/or adding Cal/Mag???

Browski!!! Those buds are flippin beautiful!!! Haha...looking excellent my friend, as for the def. Im sorry but Idk what its from either..Looks like Krip mite be close with it but yours still seem a lil dif then what he suggested. Keep it up tho, great work bro

Back
Top Bottom