Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

More pics, just wanted to get these up real quick while I had a sec.

Day 17 Flowering
P3150280_phixr.jpg
P3150281_phixr.jpg
P3150282_phixr.jpg
P3150283_phixr.jpg
P3150284_phixr.jpg

Day 19 Flowering
P3170285_phixr.jpg
P3170286_phixr.jpg
P3170287_phixr.jpg
P3170288_phixr.jpg
P3170289_phixr.jpg
P3170290_phixr.jpg
P3170291_phixr.jpg

Great job, Marley! That looks like a text-book picture of what a healthy SCROG should look like! Amazing work! :welldone:

WOW! Lookin' great. I'd try to tuck as many of those fan leaves under as possible. and maybe do a trim under the canopy to maximize air flow and energy to the bud sites. Damn, you have ALOT of bud sites. Lovin' it!

Finally read through your whole journal, it was like a movie filled with ups, downs, overcoming obstacles and the makings for a very happy ending. Great job with the SCROG it's looking beautiful indeed!

a big + Rep for you!

:goodjob:

:thumb: Great looking scrog Marley!

Thanks TT :)

WOW :whoa:

Hard to believe that's one plant :Namaste:

Crazy I know. I've saw a couple of journals with single plant large scrogs before I started this journal, and then after all the b.s. happened with the bugs I knew I had to try it out. The AlienD was the perfect candidate with her fast growth rate. :slide:

Looking Great Marley !

If I ever do a SCROG it would have to be up high enough that I wouldn't have to bend over all the time! :rofl::rofl:

Haha I hear you there OMM, training is a huge p.i.t.a, but it's really only for a few weeks, then it's sit back and do nothing time. :cool: I have my cab setup so I don't have to bend over a whole bunch. I have about 8" for my air floor, then another 6" or so for the bucket stand, the bucket itself is about 10" or so, and then the screen is 11" above that. So the screen is almost 3' off the floor. :high-five:

Awesome job Marley!!! You're making that plant look like a topiary! You've got a great future in Cannabis Landscaping... although I hear the theft rate can be somewhat high.

Seriously, that is an optimal use of space and with the added Sun you're really going to benefit.
:welldone:

:rofl: Wouldn't that be something? Seriously though, Miss MJ is so easy to train, she would be great for a topiary. She just goes where you tell her with little fuss and continues to thrive.

Scrogolishious mate

Thanks MM, scrogolishious..I like that word. ;)

Boy she looks great Marley!

I know what you mean about the journals, I've been sick and it takes forever to catch up.

What hood did you get? I'd like a bigger one myself, what footprint does it cover now and how far off the top of the plants are you keeping the light?

Thanks bro.

Hey BD, I got the Easy Cool 6 from HTG. I'm not real sure about the footprint because I have such a tiny grow space. It easily cover's my 2x2 and I have it ~6" above the tops. It's an air-cooled hood but I have not hooked up the air cooling yet, I'll prob do that after this grow.

Now that's what a scrog should look like...damn dude..you've got that down when you don't even try.

Totally nice work!

:Namaste:

Thanks GF, we are right around the same flowering time..so it should be cool to see each of our ladies getting nice and plump in their own way. The fun time has finally arrived. :) Two more weeks and we should have dank nuggets swelling up.

Looking great Marley - I'm loving the way she's filling up the screen for you. :bravo:

Hey xlr ty much. She didn't quite fill the top right corner and bottom right corner, but..close enough. ;) Probably could have vegged 1 more week, but I was ready to get the show on the road, no regrets!

Postcard perfect. Just beautiful. :yummy:
Just dropped in to say hi and leave some well wishes. :thumb:

How's your forrest doing?

Yo WnF, the forrest is doing well my friend. I had a bit of a zinc deficiency (can see it a bit in my last photo's) which seems to be almost cured up. Besides that just hairs growing, buds forming and crystals glowing. :grinjoint:

Great job, Marley! That looks like a text-book picture of what a healthy SCROG should look like! Amazing work! :welldone:

Krip thanks a bunch for the nice words. I've been fascinated with scrogs ever since I saw them, glad to hear that I might be getting this down a bit.

Awesome bro..simply awesome..

Do you trim at all? At this point in your grow?

Very good question GF. Trimming is something I definitely do not have a method for yet. I am taking leaves from under the scrog because they get no light and screw with air flow. Beyond that I'm still experimenting. Last go around I trimmed up one of my Larry's a lot up top, and the other I left alone.

It seemed to me that the un-trimmed Larry produced a larger quantity of quality nugs. I felt that the trimming had a negative affect on the quality. This is obviously a tiny sample size, and I may have done things incorrectly. So..basically, this go around I'm leaving everything up top intact. Next grow I'll probably mess around with trimming a bit more when I have several plants growing.

You can get a few harvests out of her if you want. She is a beast.

The single scrog of this caliber is "textbook".

+reps

McCrack thanks for the nice words and reps. Would you mind going into further detail on multiple harvests? It is probably not something I would look to do this go around, but potentially further down the road. Man, I really need more grow space!

WOW! Lookin' great. I'd try to tuck as many of those fan leaves under as possible. and maybe do a trim under the canopy to maximize air flow and energy to the bud sites. Damn, you have ALOT of bud sites. Lovin' it!

Hey Ganj currently I have the underneath trimmed up about 6-8" or so. How far would you recommend going? The screen is about 11" above the bucket. And thanks for the recommendation on tucking, I currently do that but not nearly as much as I should. Basically every time I water now I try and tuck a few here and there to let more light to the bud sites. :high-five:

Sick, Great looking carpet :yummy:

MMmm...carpet. I don't know man, I think something is wrong. My carpet is starting to get all these crystally white dots all over it and is smelling like a skunks ass, what gives? ;)

Finally read through your whole journal, it was like a movie filled with ups, downs, overcoming obstacles and the makings for a very happy ending. Great job with the SCROG it's looking beautiful indeed!

a big + Rep for you!

Geez you guys are just too nice. Ty Dime for reps and kind words, much appreciated. You are right, this damn grow has been all over the place but has finally settled down. All I can do is now is feed her fat butt and :popcorn: pretty much on auto grow. :)

You could totally get a multiple harvest out of this one no problem.

Just keep doing what you are doing , and do not put a light in the bottom of the box, so that the lower buds remain underdeveloped because of lack of light. When the time comes to harvest, you will cut everything off right above the top of the screen and continue going 12/12 after that, without changes. All the green mass below the screen will continue and 4 weeks after you have initially harvested you will have fully developed buds again, then 3-4 weeks after that ... again... It depends on the plant because some develop uniformly and others develop the best where the light is the strongest.

If your plant is one that truly develops where light is the brightest. You can do this trick a few times and get a few late harvests. They are not much weight but the quality and type of smoke gets "better with age"

The trick is to keep you chemicals going just right so the plant can continue after you initially harvest. You got to give her what she needs. 1/4 strength nutes after initial harvest because you cut 3/4 of her off.

You will find that if you get true mature buds of the second time or even third time, you are into the deep couch-lock quality and it seems to be like another plant.

This is a trick for those not concerned with time and weight. Just supply.

This is also a great trick for people looking to have a true female plant hermi really late in the game. A buddy was doing multiple harvests and on his sixth round, the plant put out little man parts on the top of a few buds. He just collected that stuff and it is pollen that throws true females 100% of the time.

If you let the N get too low the plant will finally die off but if you keep a steady flow of nutes to her, she can continue to bud for a lot longer than is expected.

I find that it isn't worth it if you have new clones ready to go but a little cab like yours could potentially have ready buds where you trim a bit off every week for 5 months after harvest.

Or you could harvest her 2 inches below the screen and switch to 24/0 for 4 weeks and push a ton of N nutes on her... then she will go toward veg again and then you can switch to 12/12 and get a full and real second harvest out of her but this takes way more time.

People usually get sick and tired of a plant once she is harvested but Certain girls, epic girls or bud like "Ivory" from How High, I would have cloned her and I would be seeing ghosts right now. lol.

Wow Marley, you sure did catch a lot of buds in that net :grinjoint: Looks like they're going to be delicious, too :thumb:

:peace:

need to see a pic under the canopy to determine how much to trim. Once you get into the stretch those babies are gonna get thick in there. Is your air inlet under the canopy or above it?

You could totally get a multiple harvest out of this one no problem.

Just keep doing what you are doing , and do not put a light in the bottom of the box, so that the lower buds remain underdeveloped because of lack of light. When the time comes to harvest, you will cut everything off right above the top of the screen and continue going 12/12 after that, without changes. All the green mass below the screen will continue and 4 weeks after you have initially harvested you will have fully developed buds again, then 3-4 weeks after that ... again... It depends on the plant because some develop uniformly and others develop the best where the light is the strongest.

If your plant is one that truly develops where light is the brightest. You can do this trick a few times and get a few late harvests. They are not much weight but the quality and type of smoke gets "better with age"

The trick is to keep you chemicals going just right so the plant can continue after you initially harvest. You got to give her what she needs. 1/4 strength nutes after initial harvest because you cut 3/4 of her off.

You will find that if you get true mature buds of the second time or even third time, you are into the deep couch-lock quality and it seems to be like another plant.

This is a trick for those not concerned with time and weight. Just supply.

This is also a great trick for people looking to have a true female plant hermi really late in the game. A buddy was doing multiple harvests and on his sixth round, the plant put out little man parts on the top of a few buds. He just collected that stuff and it is pollen that throws true females 100% of the time.

If you let the N get too low the plant will finally die off but if you keep a steady flow of nutes to her, she can continue to bud for a lot longer than is expected.

I find that it isn't worth it if you have new clones ready to go but a little cab like yours could potentially have ready buds where you trim a bit off every week for 5 months after harvest.

Or you could harvest her 2 inches below the screen and switch to 24/0 for 4 weeks and push a ton of N nutes on her... then she will go toward veg again and then you can switch to 12/12 and get a full and real second harvest out of her but this takes way more time.

People usually get sick and tired of a plant once she is harvested but Certain girls, epic girls or bud like "Ivory" from How High, I would have cloned her and I would be seeing ghosts right now. lol.

Thank you very much for doing that write-up McC. If this girl turns out to be real dank I may go this route, I'm definitely going to have some lower, underdeveloped buds.

Glad everything's coming up buds (roses) for you!

Thanks WnF, I'm getting there. Did some leaf tucking last night and my fingers ended up sticky and fruity smelling -- was lovely!

Wow Marley, you sure did catch a lot of buds in that net :grinjoint: Looks like they're going to be delicious, too :thumb:

Yo Horse, welcome to my grow! I did catch a bunch, but probably could have got a few more if I had waited another week. I was just so over veg that I cut it a bit early but still filled most of the screen. The smell is starting to come on, can't wait till they are developed enough for a little sample. :)

need to see a pic under the canopy to determine how much to trim. Once you get into the stretch those babies are gonna get thick in there. Is your air inlet under the canopy or above it?

I am beyond the stretch at this point and am continually amazed at the size of this fat, fat lady. She has grown ~6" or so above the screen so I should have some decent colas this go around. It is rather 'thick' in there already, and it does worry me a bit for mold. Did a mass leaf tuck last night.

My air inlets are below my air floor. I have (2) 4" intakes under pegboard, which basically disperses the air evenly up through the canopy. Feels like an air-hockey table.

I've grabbed a few pics over the last week and will try to get them up soon. Everything is going well for the most part. I did bleach some top buds a tiny bit, guess the CMH was a little too close. Took the time last night to even out the canopy, and raised the light.

Everything else is great.. no deficiencies, no burn, no mold or pests of any kind. Bud's are developing a very nice, fruity aroma. I look in the cab every other day (when I water) and it always looks so different. Mold concerns me a bit because the canopy is very thick and tall! I am really interested in yield with this single scrog if I can keep the mold in check. It's crazy having dozens of 6" colas..everywhere...

I've grabbed a few pics over the last week and will try to get them up soon. Everything is going well for the most part. I did bleach some top buds a tiny bit, guess the CMH was a little too close. Took the time last night to even out the canopy, and raised the light.

Everything else is great.. no deficiencies, no burn, no mold or pests of any kind. Bud's are developing a very nice, fruity aroma. I look in the cab every other day (when I water) and it always looks so different. Mold concerns me a bit because the canopy is very thick and tall! I am really interested in yield with this single scrog if I can keep the mold in check. It's crazy having dozens of 6" colas..everywhere...

Looking awesome Marley :cheer:

How far away was your light when you bleached them? I can't get a feel for mine at all, I cooked some white widows at about 12-14". I'd been lowering it about 2" a day from 18" and they were all singed the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom