Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

Looking awesome Marley :cheer:

How far away was your light when you bleached them? I can't get a feel for mine at all, I cooked some white widows at about 12-14". I'd been lowering it about 2" a day from 18" and they were all singed the next morning.

I had it about 4-6" away from the tops. Only the buds in the center of the Scrog were affected (directly under the bulb). I moved it up a couple inches, and then a couple more last night. It's somewhere between 8-10" now. The ones that got fried are developing slower than the rest, hopefully I didn't screw them too bad--it's still early.

This is with a 250w.

Air hockey, 6" colas everywhere, sticky fingers. Sounds like a wild time over there! Have at it! :party:

The fun is just beginning! I have a feeling this strain is going to go around 10 weeks or so. :grinjoint:

I had it about 4-6" away from the tops. Only the buds in the center of the Scrog were affected (directly under the bulb). I moved it up a couple inches, and then a couple more last night. It's somewhere between 8-10" now. The ones that got fried are developing slower than the rest, hopefully I didn't screw them too bad--it's still early.

This is with a 250w.

The fun is just beginning! I have a feeling this strain is going to go around 10 weeks or so. :grinjoint:

Marley, I'm running a vertical 400w CMH 9" from the buds. Fan leaves that get closer burn, but I haven't fried anything I want to smoke, yet. A reflector may cause an increase in distance... or different strains may have different needs?

Marley, I'm running a vertical 400w CMH 9" from the buds. Fan leaves that get closer burn, but I haven't fried anything I want to smoke, yet. A reflector may cause an increase in distance... or different strains may have different needs?

I think it might be some strains are more sensitive, I burned 4 ww's but nothing else, and others were as close.

I think it might be some strains are more sensitive, I burned 4 ww's but nothing else, and others were as close.

Definitely - I've found this to be the case. Some strains are much more tolerant to stressors or heat. Or they respond to stress in different ways.

I still have a warm spot it my heart for music that heats your blood. :headbanger:

I can't get enough of it. :rocker: Been listening to metal for ~13 years now, think I'm going to be a metalhead for life. \m/

Here's hoping it's less!

Amen to that!

Definitely - I've found this to be the case. Some strains are much more tolerant to stressors or heat. Or they respond to stress in different ways.

I think it was probably a combination of both the reflector and strain. Some of the tips of the top buds got bleached (turned light yellow-ish), and I singed a few hairs. The singed hairs I can deal with, it's just a heat issue..but bleaching is something else entirely and is strange considering it's only a 250w.

I can't get enough of it. :rocker: Been listening to metal for ~13 years now, think I'm going to be a metalhead for life. \m/

Amen to that!

I think it was probably a combination of both the reflector and strain. Some of the tips of the top buds got bleached (turned light yellow-ish), and I singed a few hairs. The singed hairs I can deal with, it's just a heat issue..but bleaching is something else entirely and is strange considering it's only a 250w.

Marley that confused me when I burned the ww's, I put my hand under the light where they were and it was a little warm but not what I'd call hot. About as warm as a cfl at 6".

Marley that confused me when I burned the ww's, I put my hand under the light where they were and it was a little warm but not what I'd call hot. About as warm as a cfl at 6".

I've heard WW's are very heat sensitive, so I imagine your problem is strain related. Heat sensitive strain + first time using the light, I can understand your frustrations.

Working on pics, hopefully have them up in an hour or so.

:peace:

Ok, long overdue picture update! About 10 days worth of updates.

Day 22 12/12
P3200292_phixr.jpg

P3200293_phixr.jpg

P3200294_phixr.jpg

Day 26 12/12
P3240300_phixr.jpg

P3240299_phixr.jpg

P3240298_phixr.jpg

P3240297_phixr.jpg

Day 30 12/12
P3280301_phixr.jpg

P3280302_phixr.jpg

P3280303_phixr.jpg

P3280304_phixr.jpg

P3280305_phixr.jpg

Day 32 12/12 -- these next 4 pics break the scrog into 4 sections
Front left
P3300307_phixr.jpg

Front right
P3300308_phixr.jpg

Back left
P3300309_phixr.jpg

Back right
P3300310_phixr.jpg

Entire Scrog Day 32 12/12
P3300306_phixr.jpg

Day 32 12/12 Nugs
P3300312_phixr.jpg

P3300311_phixr.jpg

DIME said it best! Simply AWESOME!! One of the best examples of a SCROG I've ever seen. Great job!!! :bravo:

The buds look great, too!
:welldone:

OMGoodness those look tasty and talk about a textbook scrog...geez whiz I wish I had that kind of space!!

Incredible Marley!!

:bravo:

:Namaste:

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

AWESOME!!!

GEEEEZ, GOT BUD? :rollit:

DIME said it best! Simply AWESOME!! One of the best examples of a SCROG I've ever seen. Great job!!! :bravo:

The buds look great, too!
:welldone:

Go Marley you're killing it!

Thanks all, I appreciate the positive feedback. :) Things are getting fun now, I am thoroughly enjoying this grow now. I'll sometimes peak for 'just a second' and 45 minutes later come back to reality. So easy to get carried away in the field of green.

OMGoodness those look tasty and talk about a textbook scrog...geez whiz I wish I had that kind of space!!

Incredible Marley!!

:Namaste:

Thanks GF, I think you are the first person to tell my they wish they had my space! haha! I thought you were growing in a similar sized setup as mine? I'm running 23"(w)x27"(l)x55"(h).

When I go to WnF's journal I think to myself, damn I wish I had that space!

:peace:

Perfection. Your grow is so flawless and uniform it should be used as a calibration instrument for all Marijuana. I am astounded by it's beauty! Excellent work you're doing Marley. Exemplary.

Love it Marley!!! I can see how you could get lost staring at that - I do the same thing all the time (just gonna peek) and my wife has to come get me to break the spell, lol. Sometimes I hear her yell down the steps, "Are you staring at the plants again?!" "Uhhh, no. Just folding laundry". ;)

Back
Top Bottom