Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

Hey Marley - love the screen. Hope you don't mind another tag-along here. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you on the Nitrogen thing.

Is your PH good? I've got a bagseed plant in my grow right now that seems to droop at the slightest PH movement... just a thought

Drooping leaves! Still not sure what's going on in the cab and why Ms. AlienD is drooping so damn much. It's not enough droop to think she is in serious trouble, but enough to question wtf is going on.

Usually droopy leaves are the result of too much watering, or not enough. Coco holds water pretty good, but cut with 25% perlite it also dries fairly fast. I do not think either of these are the culprit as it's hard to overwater a hempy, and I water everytime the pot starts to get light.

Other possibilities are: my low humidity. Santa Ana winds have been around lately and it was dry..finally got some rain and the RH in my cab was up to around 35% this morning (still too damn low)! Next go around I'm going to invest in a humidifier for the veg stage. I sit around 15%-30% in veg usually.

Nutes. Last go around I used OC+ and DM red so all macro's and lots of minors were delivered automatically. This go around she is depending on what I mix up to feed her fat ass, maybe I'm not doing a great job?

Different medium. Coco/perlite this time as opposed to 100% perlite. Definitely a bit different, but really haven't come across any horror stories yet with the coco..it was well rinsed, precharged...not seeing any burns or much deficiency.

Rootbound: With additional bene's the roots exploded and I ended up with my very first rootbound mini hempy. The Alien grew fast, did she grow too big below the surface? I know Hempys allow for smaller pots, but could this be my problem? She has at least 1 more week of veg after this weekend, I guess the problem will only get worse if she is bound.

My prior thought was a N deficiency. The plant has been a light green for the last couple weeks as opposed to a darker shade. She also has a bunch of foliage. Perhaps she is not getting enough N to grow properly and is saggy..she seemed to react good to the feeding a few days ago, but then drooped again the next day. She was fed lastnight so I'll see where she is tonight. Also began trimming under the screen last night, took off maybe 5 leaves or so.

Root Aphids: Is it possible they are still around and fucking things up? I have not seen any, but that means very little.

I have also slacked big time on foliar feeding this girl, maybe that will help get her the nutrients she needs for fast uptake?

Sorry for the ramblings, mainly just thinking out loud so I can refer back to it. Any thoughts are always appreciated though. :smokin:

Hey buddy...if your ph is right shouldn't nute uptake but a foregone conclusion?? Droopy leaves doesn't sound like a symptom of low nitro..

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like under watering. The coco/perlite combo is hard to over water, right?? Drainage is supposed to be awesome with that mix.

I've got a little bit of that going on with my "newbie" and I think it's a water issue..not enough or too much. Symptoms for both are similar right??

How about a good flush?? That could take care of just about anything and get you back to even??

Just some thoughts bro... :)

:Namaste:

Hey Marley! I got a bottle of Aurora Soul Synthetics Amino Aide 5-0-0 Same company that makes the roots organics. This was one of the samples I got from the shop, I haven't used it so I dont know how good it is. They have Hydro application rates on the bottle so you might want to look into it.

:morenutes:

Thanks 52, just looked into that stuff. It's crazy expensive! $30+ bucks for a quart of it. I imagine you are sitting on at least a nice $5 sample. :cool:

The damn Nitrex has no hydro application on the bottle so that's why I'm a bit concerned using it for such.

Hey Marley - love the screen. Hope you don't mind another tag-along here. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you on the Nitrogen thing.

Is your PH good? I've got a bagseed plant in my grow right now that seems to droop at the slightest PH movement... just a thought

Hey Xlr plenty of room here glad to have you aboard. :)

Good question on the ph and I'm not 100% sure on the answer. Last grow I accidentally dropped my meter in water, thought I salvaged it as it still turned on and gave a reading. I calibrate it to 7.0 with solution so I assume it is working correctly, but it may not be. I need to just order another one so I can be sure. That would really suck if it is a ph problem, well I guess that would be an ez fix but annoying bcz I thought it was correct the whole time.

Hey buddy...if your ph is right shouldn't nute uptake but a foregone conclusion?? Droopy leaves doesn't sound like a symptom of low nitro..

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like under watering. The coco/perlite combo is hard to over water, right?? Drainage is supposed to be awesome with that mix.

I've got a little bit of that going on with my "newbie" and I think it's a water issue..not enough or too much. Symptoms for both are similar right??

How about a good flush?? That could take care of just about anything and get you back to even??

Just some thoughts bro... :)

Hey Gf,

Ya if my ph is correct then nute uptake should be fine as well. But that still doesn't mean I am giving them the right amount of food that they need! Last grow I used CRF's and they kept things nice and healthy, this time my girl relies on me to feed her the proper ratios she needs.

Botanicare PBP Grow is what I have been using, it has an NPK of 3-2-4. This seems short on N to me, especially for a plant that has grown pretty fast. Droopy leaves isn't necessarily an indication of a N deficiency alone, but coupled with some yellowing of the leaves it makes sense to me they go hand in hand. I also think I have a lingering minor mag deficiency.

Over/under watering is something I was very concerned with on my first grow. It is a difficult balance at first, especially since they do both show similar symptoms. Hempy's are very tough to over water, especially with a good draining medium. Under watering seems a more likely culprit, but I ran 100% pure perlite last go around..there is no way my current mix has better drainage than that and I'm already watering every other day (the most I watered last go around was every other day). I imagine in mid-late bloom I am going to have to water everyday, next go around I am using less perlite. ;)

Flush is a good idea and I think I will do that this weekend if things don't pick up before then. I remember reading somewhere that hempys don't need to be flushed as often, if at all, versus soil grows. I read a lot of shit so I may be mixed up here (wouldn't surprise me at all), other Hempy growers please chime in if you will!

I truly appreciate the help folks. The discussion really helps me sort things out in my own mind.

:peacetwo:

Also, if you go back to last page of pics you can see the droopiness I am referring too. It is not terrible, but she is obviously not super stoked. I want a happy lady. :)

This morning I mixed up some more nutes for her. Mixed the PBP Grow with Neptunes harvest to get a NPK of ~5-5-5.

7 1/2ml/g of PBP and 7 1/2ml/g of Neptunes.
5ml/g Cal/mag
10ml/g Liquid karma

I may also have a sulfur def as I notice the light green goes from back of the leaves to the tips..and I have some light green new growth. I'm going to start using some more epsoms to help this potential problem as well as the mag def. Will probably foliar it.

Flush is a good idea and I think I will do that this weekend if things don't pick up before then. I remember reading somewhere that hempys don't need to be flushed as often, if at all, versus soil grows. I read a lot of shit so I may be mixed up here (wouldn't surprise me at all), other Hempy growers please chime in if you will!

I truly appreciate the help folks. The discussion really helps me sort things out in my own mind.

Seems like the only reason to flush a hempy is to recirculated the reservoir. Get some clean water in and stale water out...not sure though..very new to all this..

Do you mean flush at the end of the grow Marley? It's the trf's that can't really be flushed.

Are you in soil now? Sorry I lose track.

Marley, you've been awfully kind and I wish I had the answer for you. Suffice to say I am tuned intently to learn from your future progress. Vibes of good faith coming your way!;)

Hi Mate!

I just caught up with you, so I'm still back at where you first put the screen down. I can't believe what that girl looked like with only 29 days of veg. What vigor!
The current problem may just be pH. I hope that's all it is.:popcorn:

Seems like the only reason to flush a hempy is to recirculated the reservoir. Get some clean water in and stale water out...not sure though..very new to all this..

Ya that's what I thought. Between the smoking, tons of reading, and being a noob I get so easily confused. :smokin:

Do you mean flush at the end of the grow Marley? It's the trf's that can't really be flushed.

Are you in soil now? Sorry I lose track.

Hey BD, was referring to a system flush like is needed for soil. I was just getting confused and second guessing myself. :tokin:

I am in a 75% Coco/25% Perlite mix now with 100% perlite in the res...and not using TRF's or Mod. Scrogs, lol! The journal title is a lie. :smokin:

Marley, you've been awfully kind and I wish I had the answer for you. Suffice to say I am tuned intently to learn from your future progress. Vibes of good faith coming your way!;)

Thank you very much WnF for good vibes, I think I need em! Frustrating me seeing her so droopy. The problem, whatever it may be, is not going away. Foliar fed her last night and raised the lights a bit..we'll see what I walk into tonight. :thanks:

Hi Mate!

I just caught up with you, so I'm still back at where you first put the screen down. I can't believe what that girl looked like with only 29 days of veg. What vigor!
The current problem may just be pH. I hope that's all it is.:popcorn:

Hey OMM, yes she was quite the vigorous girl, now she is droopy and lazy. :(

I'm going to buy another PH meter tomorrow, would be nice if that was my problem. I'm starting to get a bit worried now, keeping faith but it's getting harder and harder.

sure is an awesome thread!

:tokin:

Hey Lucky, thanks for stopping by. We've got a long way to go so feel free to hang around a while.

I appreciate the compliment, I'd be lying if I said it didn't put a little smile on my face.

Well, 6 days later and here's the updates....

Strange leaf curl on only 1 leaf. The spiral was tighter before I finally decided to grab a pic
001_phixr2.jpg

Day 34 after the branches were trained...still droopy
002_phixr2.jpg

003_phixr2.jpg

004_phixr1.jpg

Day 36
008_phixr2.jpg

009_phixr2.jpg

Day 38 - Finally perky again
014_phixr.jpg

015_phixr.jpg

And..a few glass shots. I love smoking out of nice glass, makes the experience much more enjoyable!
007_phixr2.jpg

010_phixr1.jpg

013_phixr.jpg

Last night my lady was looking lovely, unfortunately my cam was dead so no pics. She is no longer droopy, and that makes me very happy. :) Been hitting her hard with nutes and she turned right around. Trained her again last night as she was growing about 3-4" above the screen. Things are filling in nicely and I will be flipping the switch relatively soon -- probably this weekend.

:peace:

Well, 6 days later and here's the updates....

Strange leaf curl on only 1 leaf. The spiral was tighter before I finally decided to grab a pic

And..a few glass shots. I love smoking out of nice glass, makes the experience much more enjoyable!

Last night my lady was looking lovely, unfortunately my cam was dead so no pics. She is no longer droopy, and that makes me very happy. :) Been hitting her hard with nutes and she turned right around. Trained her again last night as she was growing about 3-4" above the screen. Things are filling in nicely and I will be flipping the switch relatively soon -- probably this weekend.
:peace:

Glad to hear she's come around Marley! Looking forward to seeing the pics of her perked up. Sounds like she was pretty hungry. That plant looks poised for success!!!

Great glass you got going on there! :bongrip:

Hey Marley! Some how got unsubscribed and wasn't getting updates. Just caught up and glad to see that the droopiness has left the grow. :morenutes:

New post should put me back on board! :popcorn:

Glad to hear she's come around Marley! Looking forward to seeing the pics of her perked up. Sounds like she was pretty hungry. That plant looks poised for success!!!

Great glass you got going on there! :bongrip:

Hey WnF, yeah she was apparently very hungry. Surprised I didn't end up with more deficiencies showing in the leaves. When I trained her on day 34 her stems just didn't feel right, had to be super careful to not break them. She is back to normal for the most part. :)

Hey Marley! Some how got unsubscribed and wasn't getting updates. Just caught up and glad to see that the droopiness has left the grow. :morenutes:

New post should put me back on board! :popcorn:

Hey TT welcome back. :Rasta:
:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes: is right, finally turned her around. I'm thinking Sunday for the flip, this 6 week veg period is killing me! I should be 3 weeks into flowering by now.

Ooo I need to check out your new grow...omw!

I see that you have a salt water tank. I don't have the room for it but would love to have one .You had a nice first harvest, 5.5 oz for those 2 is great.

Hey Marley, that girls will be a pretty good size after you hit the switch. Things are looking good!

Thanks Sisco, I keep going back and forth on when I want to switch. Sometimes she looks ready to go and other times I think fill the screen in more! Was easier to manage with individual screens.

You will also stabilize a bit when you hit the switch. She will like the dark for the first few days and should be able to work out her few problems alone in the dark.
:goodjob:

Hey McCrackin, thanks for stopping by. That's good to hear, I'd like to get her as close to healthy as I can before switching, but I'm running out of space! I was real concerned there for a few days, but thing's are looking up. It's been way to long since I've had some bud's growing!

I see that you have a salt water tank. I don't have the room for it but would love to have one .You had a nice first harvest, 5.5 oz for those 2 is great.

Hey Dogstick no saltwater unfortunately, just a freshwater one. A few years ago when I lived in San Diego I had 4 tanks up and running, two were saltwater one of which was a reef tank. So much fun, but lots of work..freshwater quenches my desire for a fish tank with minimal upkeep and low investment. Though it seems all the fish I love are super expensive! :smokin:

Ya I was stoked on my first harvest, first go around went much smoother than round 2. The learning never stops, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom