Dr. Trevor's Northern Lights: The Saga Of Betty & Wilma

From the Better Late Than Never Department....

Today I watered the girls; I was a day or two late in doing this. The girls' leaves were wilting a little. That should correct itself over night. Betty drank about 3.75 quarts of pH-adjusted water before there was run off. Wilma drank nearly four quarts before run off.

Trichomes are milky, still not brown.

Feeding day for the girls. Each received a gallon nute solution of the following:

ts of Big Bloom;
2 ts of Grow Big
2 ts of Tiger Bloom;
2 tb of Terpinator;
.5 ts of Open sersame;
.25 ts Sensei Cal Mag-Xtra.

Some of Betty's leaves are turning yellow, hence the Cal Mag Extra.

While Wilma's leaves are still green, they are curling.

Trichomes are still milky.
B1-092921.jpg
B2-092921.jpg
W1-092901.jpg
W2-092921.jpg

B1-092921.jpg

B2-092921.jpg

W1-092901.jpg

Feeding day for the girls. I prepared a gallon of nute solution for each of them, consisting of the following:

3 ts of Big Bloom;
2 ts of Tiger Bloom;
2 tb of Terpinator;
.125 ts Sensei Cal Mag-Xtra.

The nitrogen problem continues. I removed the Open Sesame from the girls' diet because of the N. Unfortunately, I had added some Cal Mag-Xtra before I saw it, too, contained N..

Trichomes are still milky. Wondering about that.

Last night, I flushed Betty and Wilma, using fifteen gallons of water and 1.5 cups of Clearex.

Afterwards, I fed each girl 2 ml of Cal-Mag Xtra and 1 tb of Big Bloom, mixed in a half gallon of water.

Fed the girls. I prepared a gallon of nute solution for each of them, consisting of the following:

3 ts of Big Bloom;
2 ts of Tiger Bloom;
2 tb of Terpinator;
.25 ts Cha-Ching.

Trichomes are still milky.

245506799_480807616311033_3266589534037873403_n.jpg
245565251_1090857738340347_7262791599793460877_n.jpg

Yesterday, I harvested Betty; today, I harvested Wilma. I didn't weigh anything but I think I did pretty well, at least as much as my last two plants. And I got a few good-size buds.

I started the germination on Alice and Trixie two nights ago.

Thank you, everyone for helping me out.
big buds.jpg
harvest1021.jpg

Turns out, not only were there bananas on both girls, but there was also a little white mold. I've read mixed opinions on whether you can decarb this cannabis and safely use it in edibles.

I understand whether the mold came from. I'm trying to figure out the nannas. I never jolted the girls in any way. There have been a few instances where the tent got cold. Could that have caused them?

Turns out, not only were there bananas on both girls, but there was also a little white mold. I've read mixed opinions on whether you can decarb this cannabis and safely use it in edibles.

I understand whether the mold came from. I'm trying to figure out the nannas. I never jolted the girls in any way. There have been a few instances where the tent got cold. Could that have caused them?
My understanding is that lighting is what triggers that. I think the temperature change will result in color of the leaves/pistils? I don't know, I'm still very new at this.

Light triggers the bananas? Why doesn't it do it all the time? I'm sure some strain are more resilient than others but... you know....

I believe I found a seed in the bud. My first seed!

Sometimes plants will attempt to self pollinate and keep their genetics alive late into flower, other times it's stress related. I topped the apical meristem back by more than a foot one time and got a big nanner right where I topped.
I also did a staggered harvest last year and ended up with a few seeds as a surprise. It's not a big deal if it's just a couple, might even be a chance for you to play around with the genetics again. Congrats on the harvest DT.

Sometimes plants will attempt to self pollinate and keep their genetics alive late into flower, other times it's stress related. I topped the apical meristem back by more than a foot one time and got a big nanner right where I topped.
I also did a staggered harvest last year and ended up with a few seeds as a surprise. It's not a big deal if it's just a couple, might even be a chance for you to play around with the genetics again. Congrats on the harvest DT.
I found one or two seeds (and maybe a few still forming).

I wouldn't congrats me on this, due to the mold problem.

Light triggers the bananas? Why doesn't it do it all the time? I'm sure some strain are more resilient than others but... you know....

I believe I found a seed in the bud. My first seed!
That is my understanding.. light leaks or variable lighting during flower can stress and lead to seeds.

Yesterday, I harvested Betty; today, I harvested Wilma. I didn't weigh anything but I think I did pretty well, at least as much as my last two plants. And I got a few good-size buds.

I started the germination on Alice and Trixie two nights ago.

Thank you, everyone for helping me out.
big buds.jpg
harvest1021.jpg
Love that pot lol

Back
Top Bottom