Molasses Cane Sugar in DWC? (pics)

Doozy

Hi all, i'm looking for a bit of advice.

I'm at day 45 of flower, Dinafem Blue Widow, and Blue Hash, in individual 10 gallon DWC units. Nutes are Vitalink Max A+B, Buddhas Tree Meta Boost and PK 9-18 flower boost. There are 5 plants, and 3 are doing better than the other 2, in terms of bud growth, the Blue Hash doesn't seem anywhere near as strong genes....but you live and learn.

Here is a pic or two of the Blue Widow

20150123_155956.jpg

20150123_155937.jpg

My question is about adding Molasses

I've done a fair bit of reading about this, however i'm yet to decide if i will actually add it, but i've just bought some Molasses sugar (unrefined) and some lemon juice (which apparently is needed to make the carbs work or something, sorry i'm not a very scientific person!).

20150123_160110.jpg

If i use it i'm going to add it at 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of molasses sugar per 4 ltrs (gallon in US). I plan to mix it up in advance with hot water, then add to each res when it's cool.

I'm looking for opinions on whether this is a good idea, and also if you think my amounts are about right.

I know people usually use the blackstrap, but the crystal form is apparently much better in hydro.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks all :)

The molasses is supposed to help out the other microorganisms in your medium so the plant can uptake nutes better, something like that. Not sure if it will work in DWC but I've used it at a rate of 2-3mL per gallon in my peat moss medium (Promix HP) and things seem great, no negative side effects from what I can tell. The real question here is if DWC will benefit from molasses.

Back
Top Bottom