Molasses: yes or no?

zac

420 Member
I am new grower. I have built a permanent grow room without outside lighting at all and currently have 3 lambs breath autoflowering plants that just broke through soil (FF Happy Frog) in the last 24 hours. I plan to move to feminized seeds and cloning, but starting with these since I am new. I am currently only using Rhizotonic (15 ml/gal) in water, PH at 6.

That being said, my question is whether or not to use Molasses, and if so, when and how much? I am a full on nerd, so feel free to treat as such. :) Day 2 planting 1.jpg

Welcome to :420:

feeding with molasses is a personal preference. There are a lot of benefits by feeding it to your plants though.

The soil that you are using to grow your cannabis is arguably one of the most important factors for strong and healthy growth of your plants. Good soil contains nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus, along with minerals such as potassium, iron and calcium, as well as many other compounds and nutrients. Each of these compounds is essential for healthy growth of your cannabis plants.

But the nutritional compounds in your soil, the chemicals, minerals and other inorganic substances are not all there is to make a good environment for your plants. Soil also contains beneficial microorganisms which live in it. These microorganisms are also playing a vital role in healthy growth of your plants.

Molasses is the perfect food for these microorganisms, as it gives them the ideal environment to thrive. When you supplement soil with molasses, what you’re doing is, therefore, not so much feeding your plants, but feeding the soil and the microorganisms in it. Along with providing the microorganisms with the carbohydrates and sugars that they love to feed on, molasses also has other benefits for the soil.

THE BENEFITS OF MOLASSES FOR YOUR CANNABIS GROW
  • Feeds the beneficial microorganisms in the soil
  • Improves structure and water retention of the soil
  • Enriches the soil with various essential minerals and vitamins
  • Helps to prevent the build-up of pathogens that could harm your plants
  • Helps minimise the risk for salt build-up in the soil, which could cause nutrient problems
  • Acts as a natural insecticide against common cannabis pests

Back
Top Bottom