Mold or mites? Help

Fishgoddess

Found this part way down from the top on one main buds, plus on a small lower stem bud - is this mold or mites?

Thanks a bunch. I picked them off immediately and threw them in the burn barrel.

Should I harvest now before it spreads? We've had a sh*t load of rain lately.

Attachments

• mold.jpg
    mold.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 55
  • mold1.jpg
    mold1.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 49
Ya know... from what I can make out in the photos, I almost think it’s both. Hard to be sure though from this end. Was the affected area slimy and wet?
If so and more rain is inevitable- then there’s probably no choice but to harvest soon. Unless you can think of some sort of workaround to keep out the rain and/or create more air flow.

Hi Weasel: No not wet and slimy. I've had a tarp over the frame that I built but rain still blows in a bit. Its been torrential downpours on and off for 3 weeks. I was away for a couple of days and the tarp blew off, but it didn't rain that much. Its windy as heck here, so air flow is excellent.

Should I spray with Hydrogen peroxide solution? Its going down below zero tonight so I'm hoping that might kill off the dampness. Even if its cold tomorrow, but sunny, I'm going to leave the tarp off totally for a few days to increase air.

I'm prayin it doesn't spread. :eek: Thanks for your response btw.

I wouldn’t spray. If it’s mites you have- they’re probably more of a annoyance under those conditions than anything. As for the alleged mold- the most effective way to combat that is lower the humidity (not really under your control) , increase air flow as much as possible, remove affected areas, and keep an eye on it.
There comes a time when you have to cut your losses, so to speak. But as long as your plant is still progressing and developing in a good way, then it’s worth messing around trying to eke out some more time. :)

Thank you Weasel, This is my first grow and was done as a big learning experiment to prepare for next year. This way I know a little more when I plant in the open, with four different strains next spring.

I'll tell you... it sure has been a learning experience! LOL. Thanks to this website and all its members, I've got through it way better than I thought, so I'm happy (mold and all).

Back
Top Bottom