Mold! Please help

kruroisoi

Hi everyone, first time grower.... I've been doing a partial harvest and have dried and currently curing 4 oz in Grove bags. I currently have some drying at about day 4, its been taking about 6 days to dry (45%RH in dry box) and it was actually a little too much as my moisture meter read 8% and when placed in Grove bags settled around 55%RH. Today when I checked on the drying stuff at day 4, I noticed mold where I was holding the stems when wet trimming!! (I was wearing nitrile gloves).
20230607_195257.jpg
Screenshot_20230607-194924_MScopes.jpg
I'm ditching everything that is currently drying in the box but I'm very concerned about the first 4 oz im curing! I read you can break a nug infront of a torch in a dark room and if it "poofs" then its moldy and when I tested, every nug I tested had a small poof.... looking at the nugs under a microscope I can't see anything what do you guys think? Is it all f#cked???

I noticed mold where I was holding the stems when wet trimming!! (I was wearing nitrile gloves).
I can see what I believe you are mentioning on the stems in the first photo of the top msg. What I see there looks like Powdery Mildew and not necessarily a mold issue.

In the second photo of the next msg there is an area of brown on an far left area of the bud and that does look like what is called Bud Rot which is caused by a mold.

Very good chance that the Powdery Mildew started growing on the leaves and stems awhile ago, maybe as far back as when the plants were still in the vegetating stage and before flowering started. I do not remember reading messages from members who have noticed a rot on growing tips before the flowers form so most likely that is something that is dormant until much later.

I can see what I believe you are mentioning on the stems in the first photo of the top msg. What I see there looks like Powdery Mildew and not necessarily a mold issue.

In the second photo of the next msg there is an area of brown on an far left area of the bud and that does look like what is called Bud Rot which is caused by a mold.

Very good chance that the Powdery Mildew started growing on the leaves and stems awhile ago, maybe as far back as when the plants were still in the vegetating stage and before flowering started. I do not remember reading messages from members who have noticed a rot on growing tips before the flowers form so most likely that is something that is dormant until much later.
Thanks for the reply. Just about the second picture that you mentioned, I would have to find the bud again but I'm most certain that was just brown hairs.
This is a partial harvest so there's still about half still growing. I'm unable to find any signs of anything on the living plants

I'm unable to find any signs of anything on the living plants
Then it might be just a powder that the manufacturer places on the gloves transferred over to the stems.

Just about the second picture that you mentioned, I would have to find the bud again but I'm most certain that was just brown hairs.
To me it looks like a larger area than most of the stigma/pistils. Good to double check, though, just to be on the safe side.

f#ck i think its fizzing...... what do you think?
Mould properly fizzes up and forms scummy stuff on the surface - that bud isn't mouldy
If in doubt knock up a bucket and dunk the lot, it won't affect the oil
1% HP is enough

I still have 1 plant to harvest, contemplating doing a wash to be on the safe side... just all the extra water worries me
Yeah, I totally get that, but I reason that since I'm gonna hang it for maybe 10 days anyway it makes little difference if it is actually wet on the outside at the start after an H2O2 rinse
A fair swap for assurance it is mould safe?

I have it booked and catalogued for prosperity. CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:

Here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):
1.25g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as in flower PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat if you see it come back. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.

Okay ill be giving the wash a go for the last harvest stint! Fingers crossed the first 4 oz i dried and is curing is all good.... bit unsure about this current batch thats drying with the questionable stems... not sure if I should toss the lot or snip the buds off and keep them curing separate and monitor..

Back
Top Bottom