Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

It's downright shocking how bright those panels are, huh? :laugh:

I'm only running mine at 40 watts or so and I wince every time I look up at 'em! I have to shield my brow and squint, even to look into the room - like coming out of a cave into bright sunlight. Only 650 watts in a 4x4. And I was running 1000 watts of blurples before - it's not like I'm not used to bright.

Love the color of your buds. :love:
Thank you for the advice and help in figuring out the lighting. I can't go into my flower room without glasses on or I'm squinting and shading my eyes. I have 780 watts going in there now and 260 over my mature veg area.

Welcome along. Have a seat and enjoy the show. Things are just starting to get going. 15 seeds in the ground and 5 more to go for this round.
That's what I like to hear M ;P

I've never quite had a resin problem yet, as Doc would put it. I'm hoping the amp up in lights will bring me that 'problem' to deal with.

A lot of the resin problems are strain related. You like those purer strains. They tend to have smaller heads and aren't as covered as some of these newer hybrids. At least the new lighting will pull the full potential out of them if everything else is right. If you get the right strain you'll wonder "what did I do different with this one". Try growing out something from Dynasty or In House and you'll get the crazy resin you are looking for.

Re: Morglie's Perpetual - New Space & New Strains In DBHBB

A lot of the resin problems are strain related. You like those purer strains. They tend to have smaller heads and aren't as covered as some of these newer hybrids. At least the new lighting will pull the full potential out of them if everything else is right. If you get the right strain you'll wonder "what did I do different with this one". Try growing out something from Dynasty or In House and you'll get the crazy resin you are looking for.
I have multiple of the hybrids going this round so I'm hoping to see a bit more. I have a bohdi strain going as well, although no dynasty. I'm waiting for Ms universe to come back in stock. I'm interested to see how my tangie stacks up compared to others I've seen run it, especially Doc's. 😁

M, I would love to see you run a Ms Universe. looks bomb-a-lovely.

Sometimes I get sold on the name of a breed at first like 'des*tar' or 'Ms Universe' but I am a goofy goof.
I never ran any Dynasty just watched those who have the room to grow big. manI wish, livin' vicariously.
Ms universe looks took be a special strain. That's the male that is used in a lot of dynasty strains. Potent, resinous, sativa with a great taste. It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

Re: Morglie's Perpetual - New Space & New Strains In DBHBB

I checked the trics on the outdoor girls. With the current forecast, I'll have to cut the big girls next weekend. I cut the mini snow moons and the small purple Malawi as well, to check how it is. The purple Malawi are all cloudy. The pistols don't look close though. If they were indoor I would say they have another 3 weeks at least. The same thing is happening to my indoor Malawi. I checked the trics last night and she has amber. So I cut a small bud off, nuked it for 30 seconds, then smoked it. It's right there. My wife gave it an affirmative, so she came down this morning as well. My first harvest since I've got in my new area. There are definitely going to need to be some tweaks in design as I go. Next weekend will be a good test run as I'll have 4 fairly decent sized plants to harvest. It should be fun.

The Afghanis should be perfect. I grabbed a couple of sticks and propped them up while I was checking their trics and taking pictures. It smelled like I was in a giant patch of sweet cauliflower.

Afghanis
420-magazine-mobile1045800943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile283523861.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1398280381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1805423115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1816797706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2083115417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1235356654.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1777601103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1465863786.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1070850480.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110305406.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1603504398.jpg
420-magazine-mobile840646284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1157234022.jpg

Malawi indoors
420-magazine-mobile823022909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile179516768.jpg

Hanging in the barn. 😁
420-magazine-mobile609210352.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1793605291.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1538955535.jpg

Peace

Beautiful . :bravo:

Congrats on your indoor Malawi

So what happens if you wait until the last minute outdoors - frost then chop?

I've heard of frost turning it black overnight. And I'm hoping I don't lose my harvest. The Afghani should be fine for a couple of nights at near freezing, but truthfully, at 6 weeks right now they are fully cloudy. They'll be ready to cut next weekend. The Malawi may make it. I'm keeping an eye on the forecast. If it looks like it's going to warm up the following week I may try and push them. They are fully cloudy as well. Even more so than the Afghani, as they started flowering a week earlier. There's not much bulk on them, but there is some weight to the plants in whole. They both are not far off 6 foot. And now I have no idea what I was going to say to your question that I don't remember. Just lit up some Malawi.... Hmm...
So what happens if you wait until the last minute outdoors - frost then chop?
If I chop in the morning after the cold snap, it should bring out the terpenes and colors. They smell amazing. I think I prefer the smell of the Malawi, but it's close. That cauliflower smell is surreal. The one I grew outside last year smelled the same way coming up to harvest.

Those are some great looking plants. I'm eager to hear how the Afghani turn out. That's one of those strains I have a ton of free seeds of but never grew any out. Something always wins out over them. Malawi is looking beautiful as usual.
:goodjob:
Mine are the freebies from Herbie's. They aren't very vigorous, but I've grown out this cutting four times now and it's pretty decent. Not super potent, but it's a nice relaxing buzz. Great for relaxing later at night. The taste is great. It was smelling like sweet cauliflower, which just started turning into the sweet gassy smell that predominates Afghani, this week.

So nice to see cannabis in it's natural environment .

Back
Top Bottom