Moroccan Zero - Hydroponic - Purple Kush - 2016

Moroccan Zero

Hello all.
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post and will be my first grow and what better way to stumble through it than to add my first grow journal.

Please bear with me through my inevitable mistakes in both learning to use this beautifully maintained forum as well as the ones I'll make through the process of the grow.

A few things about me:
I work in the Oil and Gas industry and lately work has been pretty scarce. Due to my employment standards and the safety sensitive position I hold, consumption of end product isn't likely going to be an available option for me due to random testing. I do however have many far more experienced users that will undoubtedly give me a 'smoke report', if we make it that far. I'm not looking to bring product to the market, I merely wished to challenge myself with a side project. I've always taken a keen interest in chemistry and biology so this may be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak.

When I was a younger man, I was a regular cannabis user and enjoyed it thoroughly. After several promotions and an addiction to work, my recreational use faded to the point of nonexistence. I apologize for that, I know that may make me unqualified in the eyes of some but rest assured, I've put my time in.

I made a few attempts at growing during those early years but they were always bag seeds and the environment was always less than ideal. I had never matured anything to even the lowest standards we find on this forum. I've been reading everything I can get my eyes on in here in order to give myself the greatest chance of success.

The wife has a bit of a green thumb and has been growing several small plants (lemon tree, grapefruit, mango). Weird shit that's not natural to our country or climate. I got joking with her several weeks ago and told her I wanted a house plant of my own, a special one at that. She told me her dad grew one as large as a Christmas tree and kept it for nearly 10 years. I had often heard rumours of similar situations and chalked them up to urban legend so I did a little online searching.

I stumbled across Crop King Seeds and read through their 'menu'. Late that night I said fuck it and purchased 5 x Feminized Purple Kush seeds. I figured if I was going to have a nice little houseplant I may as well have top notch genetics and best in class THC. (I may be known to overdo most things which will become apparent as this journal unfolds).

As I read more, I learned that as an annual plant my baby would most likely die off after a lengthy flowering phase due to the onset of fall and ultimately winter. Shit. That means I need a light. That means I have to spend money. I guess the elusive house plant theory is shot to shit. Probably for the best as a huge pot plant stinking up the place might not have have been a good idea. (I rarely have bad ideas but that's a debate for another thread).

So with my hopes dashed and my seeds already paid for and shipped I went out to the garage for a beer with a buddy. He asked if he could throw his brewskis in the full sized beer fridge. I told him it quit working this spring and I'd been meaning to see if I could fix it. Probably a compressor issue. Junk. Probably just haul it out for scrap, which got me thinking again.

Several hours of searching and reading later, I had a basic design for a stealth grow box. Meanwhile my seeds arrived (very quickly, thanks Crop King) as did an email from the King pointing me to this forum. I spent the better part of a week reading up on the How To's before I made my first cut into that old fridge. I was on a timeline now with 2 of 5 seeds germinating.

I read up on LST, FIM, Super Cropping etc. and even more on grow media. After a lot of measuring and some lengthy shopping on Amazon, I ordered my set up. The main details as follows:

2x Mars Hydro 600 (278watts/ea)
2x H2OtoGro Self watering setups (#4)

I'm going to post a link to my box build with a complete listing of parts and photos here, when complete.

After several function tests and another 10x Crop Kings Purple Kush ordered, germinated and sprouted, I'm ready to kick this thing off.

Please stay tuned for updates.
Any and all comments or advice is welcome.

Signature - Work in progress.
MZ

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom