Mother Plant Maintenance?

WhiteWidow9

I've found a strain that I'm quite fond of, and I'd like to try to keep a mother plant instead of getting clones through a second party. Should I make clones from the plants that are close to harvesting or try to keep one seperate mother plant to take clones from? If I do use a mother plant, can I harvest the buds from it without damaging it too much? How should I maintain the plant? Any advice would be much appreciated.

:thanks:

I am not sure if I am understanding what you're saying exactly. You make the strain you're fond of a mother plant without having to go through a second party. Is the plant in veg state or in flowering? It is easier to get a clone from a plant in veg because if you try to make a clone from one already in flower, it has to revert back to the veg stage. I hope I said that right. Usually when one makes a plant a mother plant, you don't let it go into flowering, you keep it in veg. At least this is what I have been told. I was looking through links trying to find one about mother plants but I didn't see one. Maybe someone will come along with a link or info for you.

A mother plant doesn't go to harvest if that's what you mean. She stays vegative and supplies you with clones but she does need to be transplanted (even a few times) depending on how long she's been growing and how big she is. You could re-veg her if you mean that you already have one flowering and decided you'd like to keep her. In that case when you chop your harvest leave some of the lower popcorn buds on the branches and her under low lights, 24/0 til you see some new growth, usually a week but up to 3 weeks. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom