Mounting Mars Hydro SP150 driver outside of tent?

Anyone took the time to rewire a Mars Hydro SP150 driver outside of the tent?

If so, can you give any advice? I’m thinking it should be really easy wiring.
The heat of SP 150 is low, and few customers have the need to put the power supply of SP150 outside, so we did not add a 2 meter extension cable to SP150.

If you want to add an extension cord, you can contact our after-sales, she can tell you the specifications of the extension cord, so you can buy it at your local hardware store.

Her contact email: solutions@mars-hydro.com

Moving that transformer will reduce heat greatly despite what that sales rep shared.
I have a real Quantum Board setup that these are trying to mimic (these don't use the
SAMSUNG LM301B chips); I use my Meanwells outside of the tents because it does reduce heat.
I'm sure you are perfectly capable of unscrewing a couple of screws to dismount it, cutting the wires, stripping the ends and sticking some longer lengths of same gauge wire in there.
You can get a cheap soldering iron and solder the wires and seal with heat shrink but wire nuts with a wrap of 3M Scotch 33 black tape (buy the good stuff that is military spec instead of the cheap $1 rolls that turn to either a gooey mess or won't stay wrapped) work just as well to waterproof it. Just make sure it is placed where it gets some airflow and you will have no problems.

Back
Top Bottom